Author Topic: CIRP AI Maule Bromley  (Read 4521 times)

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
CIRP AI Maule Bromley
« on: May 30, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »
Hello

I'm having trouble with the AI Maule at Bromley Ice Station. Everything else is loading fine, including the wolves! [Nice touch.] I can see the AI Maule but nothing is happening.

From the readme:

"The AI traffic is compiled in the Traffic_RTMM_PF43.BGL file included in scenery folder, must be added into PF43 Bromley Peak scenery folder."

I believe this folder does not exist any more owing to the recent consolidation of the Ice Stations.

So I added it to the CIRP Ice Stations Scenery Folder - no joy.
Then I added it in P3DAO as a 'layer 3' scenery, i.e., like a 'scenery\world\scenery' folder - no joy.

"Maule take off each day, all around the week, at 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM LOCAL TIME."

I tried both scenarios mentioned above at 10am and 3pm local time from 9:59hrs to 1015hrs and 1459hrs to 1515hrs local time. Nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what to do? Is it still working?
Thanks
Josh

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: CIRP AI Maule Bromley
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 10:19:30 AM »
Anyone???

Please - it's driving me mad.

Josh

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 08:24:53 AM »
Josh ...

Look on the CIRP page, under AIR OPERATIONS, the last entry link there. See if that is what you are looking for.

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 08:47:16 AM »
Hi Josh,

"So I added it to the CIRP Ice Stations Scenery Folder..."  This is the correct folder for the traffic file so no need to try any other places.   

However, I have checked the old download that Doug mentioned (which is probably the same basic folder as you are using) and some repair is needed to get this bird to fly.  Note the yellow plane is not the AI plane.  The AI plane looks like the included .jpg in the folder.

Standy by............Repairs now made....see next two postings.

Rod
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:21:12 PM by stiletto2 »

Doug

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »
The new zip file that Rod Fixed up is now available on the CIRP page at the bottom of the Air Operations Table.  I also added it as a link where Bromley Peak is discussed. I tried it and the little Maule is sitting right there ready to go. The bgl goes into the CIRP scenery folder where the bromley bgls now reside.

Doug
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 01:56:47 PM by Doug »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 03:14:42 PM »
Josh,

Please remove the old AI_RTMM_Maule folder you put in SimObjects and make sure you remove any instance of the Traffic_RTMM_PF43.BGL file that you tried in various places since AI does not react well if it sees two copies of the same traffic file.  When you download the updated version (CIRP Bromley Peak AI Traffic V2.1_2.zip) from the location that Doug provided make sure you follow the installation instructions that are in the in the newly updated readme_bromley_peak_AI_traffic.txt file.

If you wonder, what I did to fix it here you go:  After interrogating the traffic file using AI Flight Planner software, I discovered that the take off times in the documentation did not match the times set in the traffic file and that the SimObject folder name did not match the folder name that the traffic file was looking for.  I modified  docs to document the correct times in UTC/GMT notation so there is no confusion about the local time, added instructions to allow for installing into the combined CIRP Ice Stations folder as well as the old PF43 folder if not using combined and, corrected the folder name in the package as well as the folder name referenced in the docs. 

Let us know if you can't get it working becasue it works for Doug and I. 

Rod
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:23:01 PM by stiletto2 »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 05:06:46 PM »
Looks like the links are to the old "bromley_peak_ai_maule.zip" (main scenery page (CIRP bottom Link) as well as on the CIRP page at the bottom of the C.I.R.P. Air Operations section so the new version (v2.1?) is not coming!.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 05:08:59 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 06:06:41 PM »
Norm - you beat me to it. Those links need updating. ;)

Doug - halfway there! It works at 1800hrs GMT [hurrah!] but not at 2300hrs GMT.
Tried it 5 times and waited 5 mins each time.

Josh

Doug

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 06:15:46 PM »
I removed that link on the CIRP table on the Scenery Library. The only link for the AI Traffic at Bromley Peak is now on the CIRP main page under Air Operations.  Having an extra link like that is dangerous for us, you can change one and forget about any strays. So I'm moving to having only one link for ANYTHING so this doesn't happen again.

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 09:27:41 PM »
Sorry about that.   I have never seen a flightplan that flies at its first time and doesn't fly at its 2nd time.  Don't know why but will investigate.  For now, watch it at 1800 hours.

Rod

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 09:56:05 PM »
Rod - Thanks

I have to say when that 'Orion sur skis' lands it sure does bounce, that poor pilot must get a headache if not a mild concussion!
Josh

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 06:56:06 AM »
Rod

A couple of questions re AI craft:

Why is it that AI vehicles 'activate' at random times after the advertised activation time? Foe example, the AI Maule does it thing at 47 secs past 1800hrs and then on another occasion at 1min 23 secs past the hour?

Why do they move backwards at first?

Thanks
Josh

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 07:44:18 AM »
Hi Josh,

Good questions but there is not always a good answer.  I will speak of AI flight here but vehicles and ships have the same tendencies.  AI flight has always been quite finicky in the sims.  It is always thought of as "eye candy" because of its many limitations and eccentricities.   Moving backwards at startup has always been built in to the sim and is not something an AI Developer can control.  In fact, the four basic things that the AI developer controls is where to start, when to start, what airport to go to, and where to park.     

The sim does most everything else including backing the AI plane up when it starts.  The sim follows the runway defined by the code that created the airport and then the sim decides what route in the air the plane takes.   In general it is very common, in mountainous areas for planes to take off, fly for a while and then run into a mountain.  You mentioned the hard landing the Maule makes but I see many AI planes just crash. 

I think the backup maneuver at start was put there to help the AI object move away from another plane, dock or other object that it might be parked behind including a building before it starts to turn.  But that is just a guess.

As far as start up times, a lot depends on how the user gets to the scene.  For example, did the user fly there?  Did the user start the sim there etc.   Normally, if you start the sim from scratch and set the time to be 30 seconds before the time the AI  plane is supposed to start, the AI plane will almost always start up within 10 to 20 seconds after the set time for its start up.  If you get there in another way, it can be a bit more random.  And, if the AI planes is making a longer trip and you arrive in some fashion other than startup, the plane may not even be there because it is en route to its destination.

So you just sit back and enjoy the eye candy when it appears because sometimes, you never know when :)

Rod

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 10:30:05 AM »
Thanks Rod.
Very informative to a 'non-techie' like myself.

I haven't seen a crash yet but thanks for telling me so I won't think something has gone wrong. That is a strange phenomenon though. I suppose the sim just doesn't know there's a mountain in the way.

Yes, I noticed the coastguard vessel backs up as well.

Thanks again.
Josh

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »
Hi Josh,

Thanks and good news!  New version coming!   Have upgraded the flight plan (with Dex's help) to do TNGs instead of just one circuit.  Changed the 2nd departure time.   So, the new folder (with updated docs) will see the plane at 1800 do TNGs for about 20 minutes.  The plane at 2200 will do TNGs for about 40 minutes.  Very cool!  I tried both times this go around just to make sure :)  Great fun!

Rod