Author Topic: gremlins at work  (Read 1771 times)

av8erjm

gremlins at work
« on: May 30, 2019, 02:07:37 PM »
Started fly MFC0022 and flew the 1st leg from PAKN to  AK60 no problem, then went in to the tour center page to get the next leg and got the green check mark, but when I opened the cigar box it showed the first leg again. Tried it two more times, even though on the tour page it showed I was ok'd to fly the second leg. I closed out the box and FSX and the tour page and reopened all  and then it showed I had completed leg 2 and showed the details to fly leg three. Now I'm confused I go to the pilots page and all it shows was completing leg 1 Not knowing what else to do or where to go, I flew the 2nd leg w/o the cigar box.  Now I'm going to see if everything works for leg 3

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: gremlins at work
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 03:18:55 PM »
Yes indeed always seems to be gremlins around - and nada is perfect. Looks like legs 1 and 2 are complete which means leg 3 should be open for you to fly. Sometimes it does take a bit of time for the previous leg to get processed and generate the following leg.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 03:28:50 PM »
Yep flew leg 3 with no problem. If it happens again thinkin' maybe a fresh install of the cigar box maybe in order

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 04:14:22 PM »
Don't think it's Cigar Box Jim.. it's the web site/databases processing all the pireps.. For each pirep submitted it has to process the top pilot module, each pilot's stats, all of the various submitted flight legs vs the tour bids and various tours, the award module etc etc.  Today so far probably close to 100 pireps or more submitted today so processing of all of the various apps might take a tad longer. But it did catch you up and did get around to generating your next tour leg. Glad your back up to speed but honestly don't think it's cigar box.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 10:27:49 AM »
You know better than I, I'm just throwing darts at the wall hoping to hit the target