Author Topic: 700 flights for Norm  (Read 2493 times)

kaha

700 flights for Norm
« on: May 09, 2019, 02:03:30 PM »
not bad!

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: 700 flights for Norm
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 03:05:54 PM »
Well thanks Karl.. But probably about 100-150 of those flights were test flights that had to be flown to test the MFC system(s) as we built stuff and we were testing the supporting databases, tour module and the Cigar Box integration. Some of those test flights were just short. But since I build all the flights and tours, I do have to test stuff to make sure everything it all works before it's released to the MFC flyers!! 

Really, it's only the flight hours matter for pilots. And at MFC, Danny Rice (MFC0009) is Top Pilot in that regard with almost 445 hours. (I'm a close 2nd in hours with 409..(But have an eye Danny.. I'm coming..lol!!) 
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kaha

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 04:36:05 PM »
..Some of those test flights were just short. ...

Yes, you have an average flight time of 35 minutes per flight.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

RCFlyer

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 09:01:17 AM »
Well thanks Karl.. But probably about 100-150 of those flights were test flights that had to be flown to test the MFC system(s) as we built stuff and we were testing the supporting databases, tour module and the Cigar Box integration. Some of those test flights were just short. But since I build all the flights and tours, I do have to test stuff to make sure everything it all works before it's released to the MFC flyers!! 

Really, it's only the flight hours matter for pilots. And at MFC, Danny Rice (MFC0009) is Top Pilot in that regard with almost 445 hours. (I'm a close 2nd in hours with 409..(But have an eye Danny.. I'm coming..lol!!)

I have been watching you!!!!!!!!!!!   Recovery from back surgery is coming along well.  Hope to be back a the stick in a couple more weeks....so, you had better get a wiggle on if you are going to catch me.

Danny

Rangerick

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 10:48:02 AM »
'Flightsimaholics'

;)

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 12:24:33 PM »

I have been watching you!!!!!!!!!!!   Recovery from back surgery is coming along well.  Hope to be back a the stick in a couple more weeks....so, you had better get a wiggle on if you are going to catch me.

Danny

Glad you're recovering Danny. It's been almost two months since you've been in the air, (I sure do miss seeing you the MFC air!!) but hopefully soon you'll be up to it again Danny.
Hurry back Danny! (and no worries I won't wiggle by you).

Norm

PS: A recovering flightsimaholic!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:34:32 PM by nbrich1 »

RCFlyer

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 09:11:41 AM »
Thanks Norm.  It will be a couple more weeks before I am released from restricted activity.  Then I can climb into the sim chair and fire-up the motion platform.  If you catch me, good on you.  It would give me a something to shoot for.

Of course, if I would have had softer landings I wouldn't needed back surgery.........

Danny

nbrich1

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 09:32:52 AM »

Of course, if I would have had softer landings I wouldn't needed back surgery.........

Danny

Lol.. Well your landings in your Bell 407! They are usually under -86 (or much much lower) so that is feather soft and with a padded chair, the landings shouldn't have bothered your back at all!!
Hmmm, so you must have been doing something else that gave your back some issues!!.. (I don't want to know what that might be.. lol.. but just am saying it's not your piloting skills!).. Hurry BACK! Danny. lol