Author Topic: attachments dont pop up  (Read 3638 times)

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
attachments dont pop up
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:08:20 PM »
You guys that use attachments at the top of your posts , for example one eyes pics of paints he,s working on never show up on my computer at home or here at work..i would love to see what alot of you guys are talking about but any post with the paper clip or other file that is supposed to open up to view just dosent...any idea,s  its frustrating not being able to see what your all talking about .this also applies to videos as well any help would be appreciated tks WeDGe 8)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: attachments dont pop up
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »
Wedge,
if you talking about the paperclip icon at the bottom of the post that is not a popup.  It signifys that it is a file that you can download to your computer and save it.  Think of it like a scenery file from the scenery page same procedure, click on the file name and save it to your HD.  Usually it will be a .zip file and have to be extracted etc.
Next question, are you saying that the screenshots we post do not show up on your system?
 8)
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »
heya spud ..for example one eyes latest  post in the screenshots section called "early mourning paint drying"..as well as almost all of his others  , does not have a pic of what hes talking about .so i assumed its an attachment that is supposed to open up when i click on the title but nothing happens....it kills me that i cant see what everyones talking about... WeDGe

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 01:11:54 PM »
This happens to me only when I´m not  logged in as member when entering the RTMM`s forum.
Then I can`t see attached pictures, too.
But when entering the forum with my loggin then it all works perfect and I can see all attached pictures.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 02:39:57 PM »
Wedge,
clicking on the attachment icon (paperclip) will bring up a dialog box that tells you what program you are using to open the .jpg file.  If you do not have a utility to view .jpg files then it will not be viewable. 
I use Irfranview to view them.  Very versatile program and it is free.

As for the .jpg screen shots not showing as pictures on your computer when you view the post I'm not sure exactly would be the cause but somewhere in the dark halls of memory Java comes to mind but perhaps somebody more technically oriented than I can shed some light on the problem.  Also, are you logged onto the forums per corbu1's post?

8)
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 09:01:56 PM »
we,ll that was easy ,tks guys ..once logged in everything shows up..lol I check the site probely 7 to 10 times a day and havent been bothering to log in everytime ..usually i just log in to make a post  Problem solved.....now Spud about those blurries of yours.have you tried setting your terrain max radius to full or max i forget which  , but that helped me, you would think its the other way around but actually its the fact that the sim is now having to update the textures your seeing more often. at a lower radius ....when its set to max the textures dont have to load up as much....or something like that try it...WeDGe 8)