Author Topic: Question  (Read 6010 times)

John

Question
« on: May 07, 2019, 02:56:06 PM »
Hi all, is anyone using or know anything about "FreeMeshX Global Terrain Mesh Scenery 2.0" from Nine Two Productions?  If so does it conflict with Orbx Base, Vector etc?

John

Penzoil3

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 07:09:43 PM »
OrbX is designed on the Pilot's FSGX2010 mesh.  Having said that, I will say that a lot of people on the OrbX forums use the FreeMesh and report no problems with it.
 Sue

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 08:44:06 PM »
It works fine John. Just one issue that I know of. When flying the BWEP - One you get north on the Richardson Hwy segment, turn off the Freemesh X for the USA area as it throws the pipes alignment off a bit but then most mesh does the same.  In other words, the pipes are not perfectly aligned when mesh is active. But other than that, it works great, and for all over the world if you download all of the pieces. and it's free!!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

John

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 10:42:38 PM »
Sue, Norm: Thank you 8) BTW Norm, got my GTX980 but waiting on bigger power supply  ::)

John

kaha

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 03:23:46 AM »
...got my GTX980...

That's nice! Let us know how it performs.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 07:21:15 AM »
GTX1080 Nice John. And power supply- of course! - Your GTX1080 (alike my 970) takes an eight pin connector (or equivalent- 6+2pin) hence the need for a new power supply- more connectors/power cables required.

Yep, like you, I had to update my power supply unit when I did my first GPU update to that GTX970 a couple of years ago: (My older power supply only had one 6 pin GPU connector and didn't have the required 8 pin power connector (not even a 6+2 pin) to hook up the 970- so replace the power supply - but that was well worth it.       

More power, Arg, yup upgrades need more power!

Great John, should be a big improvement when your all hooked up.

Norm

John

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 03:21:13 PM »
Getting giddy  ::) 8)

John

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 03:25:00 PM »
For sure!! Like a kid in a candystore!! but that type of candy can get very expensive!! lol.

ArJuna

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 06:05:49 PM »
I use Pilot's FS Global Ultimate Next Gen mesh and I own most ORBX products. I have had numerous issues with ORBX region, ORBX free and paid airports, and default P3D airport elevations even at the typical ORBX recommended 5m setting in P3D. I can usually work them out using a combination of ORBX Vector Airport Elevation Correction (AEC), Pilot's AFM2 AEC software, and sometimes I have to go searching for all instances of files which contain the ICAO for the airport in question to disable an offending airport correction file that the former do not correct. I don't know if FreeMesh has an AEC tool, since I've never used it. If it does, then try the various combinations using it along with Vector.

Be sure to try all combinations of enabling/disabling AEC in Vector and AFM (or FreeMesh tool) before digging for files. Sometimes even after using these tools I have to go and find some buried airport elevation correction file and disable or enable it manually. These are found in under the scenery folder in FSX and P3D. There are a few cases where some (typically) obscure airport just won't ever be quite right.

I prefer to stick with the FSGU NG mesh because it does look amazing in VFR flight and in some areas it makes all the difference, such as my home airport and area of KGAI where ORBX only has the OpenLC coverage.

If I am flying to a new airport I will load up the sim at that airport to ensure the airport is not in need of some adjustment. Nothing more frustrating than losing your immersion after setting up a complex flight plan in a PMDG aircraft and arriving at an airport whose taxiways and runways are like tunnels 50 feet under the surrounding land.   :-\

All that said, most airports work just fine.

John

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 05:33:28 PM »
Hi all, well I'm a little less giddy now :( can't get power to my monitor with the 980 :'( took the card to a tecky yesterday.  He said it was good and worked great, thought maybe my motherboard (MSI785) wouldn't handle it :o.  So maybe get new motherboard for Christmas :)

John

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 06:33:48 PM »
980 fits the n you pcie slot and has 8pin power connector ( or a 6 pin plus 2 pin)  If you don't have that you won't have enough power to power the 980 and hence won't be able power the monitor display.. also depending on which connection/port you are using for the monitor to the the 980 you might have to adjust the input in the monitor to match the port used.

If your  PC guy tested the 980  card ok.. you might simply take your box in and  just get them to install your 980 for you. If they can't get it working in your box they will surely know why..

John

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 04:10:40 AM »
Hi Norm, the 980 tested good, it has 2 6-pin connectors.  The seller mentioned maybe changing the monitor port but I don't know exactly where to find those ports to change ??? but I'll keep on poking around :)

John

kaha

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 07:31:50 AM »
I found this in an MSI 785 mainboard documentation. Maybe you have to switch from the MoBo integrated graphic card to the PCIE graphic card.

Which MSI 785 MoBo do you have exactly?

By the way: my GTX980 (Asus) has one 8-pin and 1 6-pin power connector.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 11:36:47 AM »
Hi Norm, the 980 tested good, it has 2 6-pin connectors.  The seller mentioned maybe changing the monitor port but I don't know exactly where to find those ports to change ??? but I'll keep on poking around :)

John

There is adapters for just about any monitor connections from vga to dvi to HDMI to display port.s..you just might need the correct cable and or adapter to plug into to that 980.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 11:40:08 AM »

John

There are adapters for just about any type of monitor connections from vga to DVI I or DVI D or HDMI or display ports..you just might need the correct cable and or adapter to plug your monitor  into that 980. Your PC store should have all the variations.