Author Topic: /see what happens when you take a nap  (Read 3203 times)

av8erjm

/see what happens when you take a nap
« on: March 17, 2019, 11:02:29 AM »
I've just become aware that the real wx option in FSX is no longer available, surprised it lasted as long as it did. I digress, what weather programs are everyone using, Looked a realwx it's freeware but sometimes you get what you pay for. So anyway I would like some feedback what everyone is using. I usually refrain from clear skies of fair weather as much as possible Blue Skies n' Tail Winds Jim

Lonewolfee1

Re: /see what happens when you take a nap
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 11:22:38 AM »
Jim,
      I think the weather in FSX quit a while ago. 

I use Active Sky Next for FSX along with REX4 textures and REX soft clouds.  Pretty sure Active Sky has newer options also.  Always been pleased with it.

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 11:58:19 AM »
I only noticed it a couple of days ago, real wx was my default setup so I never reloaded it. I guess L/M is wanting folks to shell out more money for their Pr3pared fight sims. Me I'd rather fly FSX than play whack a mole changing over. Just my opinion

John

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 03:52:57 PM »
Hi Jim, I use FSXwx quite a bit and it's free.  For a freebie it's pretty damn good 8).  Go here to get it.

http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm

John  :)

gavinc

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 06:39:19 PM »
I second John,
I use FSXwx in both FSX and P3D. It works well - just make sure you follow the installation instructions as there are a couple of default files that need to be replaced.

Gavin

Tinman

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 08:26:16 PM »
Well, I guess can quit fiddling with the firewall to get this to work.  I'll look into FSXwx. 
Thanks for the info.
Tinman

emko

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 07:59:19 AM »
I have FSWX + Rex Sky Force. Works nice.

Be careful about the date you set in the simulator if you choose the option in FSWX to search for weather depending on the sim date and time. If it can not find weather for the date, it crashes.