Author Topic: Cigar Box : I give  (Read 2379 times)

SteveA

Cigar Box : I give
« on: April 15, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »
It's been a year or so since I've done any virtual flying.  I was a frequent visitor back at AKA.  I just rebuilt my box on P3Dv3 initially.  I'll switch over to P3Dv4 when they get v5 to work with my payware.  So, here I am.  Now I'm stuck on the first Tour PFC0001 sitting at Misty's trying to figure out Cigar Box.  I thought I had it figured out but when I try to start a flight I get various messages.  The last was "can't start flight aircraft must be on the ground".  I'm sitting at PF20 with the parking brake on.  Since this is my first time with cigar box I can't tell if it is working correctly or if I have the flight loaded or anything else.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:19:20 PM by SteveA »

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Cigar Box : I give
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 10:16:04 PM »
STEVE!!! You made it.  ;D
Needed FSUIPC installed. (Free version is sufficient)
LINK: https://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

(If you're running 3x then you need version FSUIPC4 4.971).

Then run Cigar Box.. (and run as admin).

That should fix you up. Works the same as the ol'e blue box.

Bid is required for tours.. and the bids can only be bid on via the tour details page.

Loading/Bid a Tour Flight

Pilots are reminded of the proper prodedure for loading a Tour Flight: / Flying / Completing tours/tour legs:

1. From the list of tours that appear on the Active tour page: (via the Tour Center tab), choose the tour you want to fly. (Best go in order as each tour (so far), is a continuation of the previous tour).

2. On that tour, The 1st leg will open for you. Select your flight - "bid" on it.

3  Press "fly leg"

4. Log into Cigar Box and go to Main > settings then remove the check mark on Search by flight number. (This enables direct bid loading into Cigar Box).

5. In Cigar Box - Press the "Get Flight Data" button and the correct flight as per your bid should directly load and populate all the fields for the flight leg details in Cigar Box.

When your sim is ready then start the flight in Cigar Box. When done, file the pirep for that tour leg. (Stop Flight, then Send.

6. When you are ready to fly the next leg, go to the tour you are flying and the next leg will be open for you to fly (bid). and so forth until all the legs of that tour have been flown/completed.

7. After all the legs of a tour have been flown, the completing pilot will receive the corresponding tour award.

Remember to check the cigar box settings for Search by flight# (If checked flight# (single flights) must be entered, If unchecked Cigar Box will draw the bid from the site.)

Also make sure the parking brake option is set the way you want it.. Use or Ignore.

Some pics below that might help?

Hope this helps. Yell here or via email if it doesn't help! lol !!!

Norm

PS:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:24:16 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 10:23:20 PM »
Hand Brake:

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 10:25:43 PM »
Changing aircraft in Cigar Box after a flight is loaded. (Before actually starting the flight you can still change the airplane for that leg):

(Once your new chosen aircraft is loaded, you can start flight).

SteveA

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 10:45:14 PM »
I didn't have a chance to try it yet but yep, I haven't installed FSUIPC yet.  Makes sense now.  Thanks for the rest of the info Norm.  That will keep me busy for a while.

SteveA

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 06:29:21 PM »
It worked Norm.  It's good to be back.

nbrich1

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 08:34:43 AM »
WELCOME BACK.. And a fine MFC first Tour run. You got your "Wings" back being in the bush plane cockpit!!
You completed the first round and received the Tour MFC0001 award!! Nice work Steve!

Norm

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »
Welcome back Steve, good to have you aboard

Henry
Misty Moorings Team