Author Topic: Striped wakes  (Read 9571 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Striped wakes
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 04:47:12 PM »
Hi Steve,

Yes, have played with the emitter rates etc.  So far no real effect.  I will work on it more tomorrow.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 08:45:36 PM »
Unfortunately, after experimenting with many things, I cannot explain why all of kaha's wakes have lines in them.  It doesn't happen on my system or many others so it very well may be some type of local problem due to the current installation of P3Dv4 on Kaha's system.  But, that is just a guess.  As kaha said, he will probably just have to wait until sometime in the future when he does a full reinstall of P3DvX.

Rod

Dieter

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2019, 03:39:57 AM »
Rod,

did you had some time to tinker with or respectively find a solution for striped wake of the
- PAKT ferry (Project_R-144) ?
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2019, 04:34:42 PM »
Hi Dieter,

Not exactly....  Interestingly enough, if you comment out the "wake = " line, the R 144 still leaves a very small wake that has no stripes on my system.   You can also make the stripes disappear by commenting out the Ground Decal command in [Particle.0] section but that can cause some dispersed wake effect rising slightly above the water depending on your system.   Feel free to try either.

Rod

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
I have been doing some experiments.

My observations:

1. The Google Earth tracks are not affected so it's related to vessels using the aircraft method using AF2
    files with runways and apron paths.

2.  I have not seen them in places other than the Tongass waters.

I will try to convert some of the AF2 files to ADE to see if that is a solution.

EDIT:  I have converted some of the AF2s to ADE and the result was no change in the wake of the
Coast Guard vessel.  I have the same vessel running at KACK with no wake problem.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:51:00 PM by dexthom »