Author Topic: New RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV Posted  (Read 6110 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
New RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV Posted
« on: April 17, 2019, 08:48:37 AM »
An updated RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV is now available for download, and it is a mandatory replacement for all versions downloaded previously to 4/15/19. This update fixes a few problems that have been discovered since the last release. Please delete any previous version of the RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV that you may already have.

IMPORTANT: I also discovered an orphaned effect file "hiding" in several of the CIRP scenery folders and have added it to the Effects\ Universal Effects folder. Copy all of the files contained in that folder to your main Effects folder and overwrite when prompted. This will insure that you have all of the necessary RTMM effect files. The only other changes are within the Scenery and Texture folders and the removal of one of the read me files that was accidentally duplicated. To avoid error messages on your next boot up, be sure to reset your FSX or P3D scenery library pointers to the proper folder after unzipping within in your Addon Scenery location.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: New RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV Posted
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 08:08:07 AM »
The "Universal Effects" folder from the previous Part IV dated 3-20-19 held 78 effects.  I still have a copy.

P3D's effects file (the whole thing) normally has less than 1,500 effects. 

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 08:36:36 AM »
Universal Effects in the RTMM Required  FSXP3D Libraries Part IV 4.15.2019 currently has 79 effects in it, with the new addition of len_smoke_narrow.fx. You are correct as to that number. However, if you had 3548 files in there previously, then you have/had something massively wrong with your library installation. Maybe wrong things similar to this was causing your CTD's, or is now causing your wake display issues. Just sayin'.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

kaha

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »
You are right of course. Just checked, here it is all effects consolidated from parts I to IV.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

kaha

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »
I'm now redoing all libraries.

In Library Part IV there are 2 Effects folders. Appearently they have the same content?

Karl

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 10:53:29 AM »
Something is completely wrong in what you have in your folder structure. There are not 2 redundant effects folders, nor, for that matter, 2 RTMM Required  FSXP3D Libraries Part IV 4.15.2019 sub folders! You'd better re-download the Part IV library to make sure that you have the correct one.

The unzipped main folder name is RTMM Required  FSXP3D Libraries Part IV 4.15.2019 and note the sub folders and 2 readme files that you should see underneath when you unzip the downloaded file.

NOTE: If you are using the utility that comes with Windows, particularly Windows 10, to unzip or decompress zipped files, DON"T USE IT. It's buggy and painfully slow. It can cause all kinds of crazy folder structure issues. MS knew that there were problems with it and were supposed to fix it. Use something like 7-Zip, Winzip or Winrar to decompress files. I suspect that you are using the junk thing that comes with Windows 10. It's very possible that things like this are contributing to the problems you've been having, especially when you see 3500 files in your effects folder.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 11:03:11 AM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

kaha

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 11:40:58 AM »
I use 7-zip to unzip zip files.

In the unzipped main folder "RTMM Required  FSXP3D Libraries Part IV 4.15.2019" there is a an "Effects" folder. And there is also a folder "RTMM Required  FSXP3D Libraries Part IV 4.15.2019" (same name). In that folder there is another "Effects" folder.

Karl

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 12:12:16 PM »
That isn't right! For some reason you're getting redundant folders, as the folder structure at the top of yours screenshot shows. I just downloaded the Part IV Library from the Object Libraries page and it doesn't extract like that. Try copying the downloaded zip file to a temporary folder in your C:\ root directory and try again. Something really wrong somewhere in how you're files are being extracted.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

kaha

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 12:17:58 PM »
Sorry Steve, for all the inconvenience. I have to check my system why this happens.

Karl

rgerdes

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
Hi Steve,
I'm seeing the same as Karl; I just re-downloaded and double checked with the latest version of winzip.
Two redundant effects folders.
Bob

Dieter

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 12:53:31 PM »
I have to stand at Karl's side. I use WinRar 64 bit payware. After unpacking I get the same structure as he describes.
The basic structure is like Steve's in posting # 6. There is an \effects folder at the top and the different subfolders.
Now I open the folder \RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV 4.15.2019 and in there I find among the folders \scenery and \texture, a "Read Me First" and another folder \Effects with the same content as above.
(Btw, I used the just downloaded Lib Part IV)
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 01:16:39 PM »
I have to stand at Karl's side. I use WinRar 64 bit payware. After unpacking I get the same structure as he describes.
The basic structure is like Steve's in posting # 6. There is an \effects folder at the top and the different subfolders.
Now I open the folder \RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV 4.15.2019 and in there I find among the folders \scenery and \texture, a "Read Me First" and another folder \Effects with the same content as above.
(Btw, I used the just downloaded Lib Part IV)

Me too! (using 7-zip)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »
OK, the only effects folder should be in the RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV 4.15.2019 fold, and not the one in the upper folder. Strange because the upper folder has an date of 2/12/19 and the one in RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV 4.15.2019 has the proper date of 3/20/19. Why this is, how it got there, I have no idea! For now, delete the effects folder in the upper directory, I'll try to see what's going on, and notify Doug. By the way, past versions of Part IV didn't have 2 effects folders and I didn't change a thing folder structure or rearrange files between versions!! The only changes made was removing some CIRP files and another file in the scenery folder, remove 2 un-needed textures, and add 1 effect to the effects folder. Period.

Thanks for pointing out this crazy, unexplained mystery. Doug know and he's going to put up a new version sometime today.

However, that doesn't explain the other redundant folders that the Kaha is getting.

Steve
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:52:11 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support