Author Topic: PIREP Departure and Arrival AND PIREP upload  (Read 1622 times)

kaha

PIREP Departure and Arrival AND PIREP upload
« on: April 03, 2019, 02:22:42 PM »
I noticed that on my first flight PF20-PANT-PAKT after pressing "Get Flight Data" Departure and Arrival was PF20-PANT on all legs.  I flew the correct legs, but my logbook now shows wrong departure and arrival for legs 2 and 3.

Do I have to change this after pressing "Get Flight Data"?
Do I have to fly my first flight again?

Then, when uploading the PIREP after a finished leg it gives me a warning "Timeout - try again", but obviously the PIREP was uploaded. I Just ignore that?

Thx,
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: PIREP Departure and Arrival AND PIREP upload
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 08:24:27 PM »
No problem Karl.  (Your 1st bid didn't clear out of Cigar Box). You don't have to re-fly anything. You flew the correct ICAO of legs 2 and 3. (I fixed the ICAO on those flights so it should show fine in your logbook now.)

Once you load your 1st flight, and fly, and file it. you get your next tour leg generated as you know.

(After the bid has been generated, In Cigar Box, Get Flight data: > Just check that you loaded the correct flight: a quick look at the departure ICAO and Destination ICAO to make sure your bid loaded is the correct one. It usually is the current bid but sometimes the old flight data is not purged fast enough and the previous bid loads when you select Get Flight data.  If it happens, push Clear Flight Data, then select "Get Flight Data" again to load/draw the correct bid/flight. Now IF the correct flight bid is not loaded: close cigar box and re start it and select "Get Flight Data" and the new bid will load up. (Also, best to run Cigar Box as Admin).

As far as the time out - sometimes the ping back is slow but in most cases the pirep has already been received on the site. Easiest way to know is call up the MFC site and you should see your filed pirep listed under "Recent Reports". In most cases you'll see your pirep so yes you can just ignore the time out (which is only a "ping back" from the site to Cigar Box telling you that your pirep has been received).

Hope this helps?

Norm

PS:  You completed tour MFC0001 and the award and also the MFC welcome Pilot Crest has been added to your pilot's profile. Nice work getting up and running.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kaha

Re: PIREP Departure and Arrival AND PIREP upload
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 03:04:27 AM »
Thx!
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020