Author Topic: fINDING OLD CROW  (Read 1315 times)

shermank

fINDING OLD CROW
« on: June 16, 2023, 09:14:48 AM »
I am trying to fly PF02 TO OLCROW, Old Crow. But, there is only wilderness at the destination. However, I have found Old Crow in a nav search within the P3D data base, complete with airport scenery.
How can I reconcile the discrepancies when I am searching for OLCROW.
As an experiment, I deleted the original destination on the FP and replaced it with CYOC, Old Crow. the problem is that now the distance from pfo2 TO Old Crow is almost 800 miles. Clearly that is not correct.
Thanks for helping this confused sim pilot get things right.

Shern

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: fINDING OLD CROW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 12:05:14 PM »
We are away or in transit right now Sherm so can't check but if I recall, Old Crow is not the airport but is a ship that sunk. Load up the fp in plan g or lnm and go there. You need the rtmm scenery loaded up. For reference, check out the FSX mission Timiquan by Brad Allen which is on the FSX missions page. The tour route is based on that mission.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

shermank

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 12:57:28 PM »
Ok, thanks Rich..safe travels

Sherm

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 02:35:15 PM »
On the missions page..
https://return.mistymoorings.com/a_missions/index.php

Here is the background on "old crow"...0

#6 "The Old Crow" (added 01.07.2013)
Mission Created by Brad Allen
Story by Brad Allen

Toby has deciphered some things on the map. That's good because the only text you were able to make out from the faded native words that are still visible was "Follow The Old Crow" There are many more phrases which are inscribed on the hand me down parchment you examine. But what kind of clue is that? Not much, but something to remember. As an archaeologist, you know it's foolish to dismiss any clue. Even something as vague as, "Follow the Old Crow" but Toby said that the drawings and words on the map are describing places that are similar to some folklore locations in the vicinity. Toby says he believes each of the locations exist and he knows where these may be. He says that the first clue seems interesting because there is an old shipwreck named by the locals as the home of the old crows or, "Shaan ts'axweil neil" the "Old Crow Home". And it's always been rumored to be a haunted and dangerous place. Toby says the map describes several other local area landmarks, but for now. Let's go find that shipwreck!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 02:38:11 PM by nbrich1 »

shermank

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 07:53:21 AM »
Thanks, Rich, that is the FP I am using.
Sherm

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 08:55:28 AM »
The fp that is in the tour package has Old Crow labeled as a location. The location is a ship behind a fallen tree in the water house I recall. Perhaps in the ship is the sunken treasure?

Norm