Author Topic: Scenery Library Ordering  (Read 2370 times)

ANN XPAT

Scenery Library Ordering
« on: March 09, 2019, 11:38:33 AM »
Spending the day getting started with RTMM. Have read the Step Table yet again, have downloaded all the OL and associated files and am beginning placing them.

Instructions read the RTMM scenery folders need to be at top of Add On Scenery order. I have a fairly good list of payware airports that are on top. They have gray boxes, which I understand the scenery was created using .xml and are "fixed". A quick Google search leads me to believe even though they are gray, they can be moved up and down. Not the case.

My first folder, the CeyX OL, can only be placed under a dozen payware airports.

Is this an issue? I read I can use something like Lorby's to move them around, but want to get some direction here before proceeding further with additional OL installs.

Thanks!

Bob

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Scenery Library Ordering
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 12:30:46 PM »
That will be fine Bob..

The add-on scenery set up via xml will show unmovable at the top of the sim scenery library. (That is the only drawback with using xml, the normal add-on scenery entries are placed at the top and can't be moved.
(Now if there are world/global scenery components that are also a part of the xml, they will be placed at/near layer 2: at the bottom of the scenery lib.

So not a problem. None of it should interfere with RTMM (or vice versa), unless you have another add-on scenery for a location that is also a scenery location for RTMM. (Most of the time there is no issues).

Hope this helps.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ANN XPAT

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 01:15:59 PM »
It does Norm. THANK YOU for taking a moment to reply.

I now have all the OL's installed. I'm going to move on to Misty Fjords now. I'll reread Elaine's install info and go for it.

I thought it best to do so before using the Object tester.

Great instructions BTW. I had a bit of reservation going in, but with very minor deviations from the script, it fell right into place. I did NOT quit P3D and restart after each of the four part OL, effects and texture loads. Hope that works out OK.

Cheers,
Bob

Penzoil3

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 04:15:07 PM »
 8) "I did NOT quit P3D and restart after each of the four part OL, effects and texture loads. Hope that works out OK."
   I hope that doesn't mean that you installed scenery with P3D running ?
 Sue

ANN XPAT

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 04:52:25 PM »
I did install scenery files with P3D running. After placing the scenery folders in P3D AddOns folder I choose Edit, then the Scenery tab at the bottom, Add Area, navigate to the proper folder, a coupla OK's and it all seems to work just fine. I have been installing scenery for a few days now, Aiken Creek, Herring Bay, Yes Bay Lodge and the missing USFS cabins. It all seems to be going well so far. I have not been a big scenery installer until now, most packages have an executable when I buy them. Have I made errors??

I have a few more questions if I might as I'm making my way through the set ups, but first....

A tip of the hat and a very hearty THANK YOU to I'm sure countless individuals who have put thousands of hours into building this site, the scenery, the EXCELLENT help files and countless other tasks I'm sure go on. Simply outstanding work. I am truly enjoying it. THANK YOU!!!

A few months back I installed Ultimate Traffic Live. It's set for 20% to give me some AI. I'm moving next to the Enhancements section of RTMM. Should I disable UTL when flying in the RTMM playground?

I have countless hours of learning and relearning and learning some more with Little NavMap. Will I be at a disadvantage down the road by not using Plan G. Should I be learning Plan G in addition?

I removed the dirty frozen canvas off the Milviz Beaver and am doing check rides to become more familiar with it again. Actually, if the truth be told, this afternoon I killed myself in it on approach to the Aiken cabin. Made it in just fine the second time around, of course knowing what is around the corner helps. The jumping porpoises were a nice touch both coming in and leaving. Well done!

I have the F1 GTN750. Never really taken the larger amount of time to learn to use it well. I see there are some plan files for it. Might be wise to learn to use it well as I'm forever forgetting to click back in my main monitor after adjusting LNM on the second monitor. Not very realistic. Maybe I should learn to use the GTN750 setting in the dash and just use Chaseplane to get it to where I can read it. The GTN750 will not undock to the second monitor from the Beaver and these old eyes just ain't what they were. I was REALLY disappointed with Milviz over that issue.

Thanks again gentlemen. I really am having a great time flying these flights. It's now off to Enhancements and MFC for the software install and begin logging some truly enjoyable  hours.

Cheers,
Bob

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 10:35:16 AM »
I also use Ultimate traffic live. No need to de-activate it but setting your AI too high can drastically affect FPS.

Enjoy,

Brad

ANN XPAT

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 02:48:51 PM »
Thanks Brad... Was not sure if my UTL and the Tongass and Floatplane AI traffic would be play nice together.

Thanks!

Bob