Author Topic: The Aerosoft Beaver  (Read 2369 times)

av8erjm

The Aerosoft Beaver
« on: March 01, 2019, 08:04:54 PM »
Couldn't say how many hours I've flown the Aerosoft Beaver, nor how long ago I purchased it. Been flyin' it quite a bit and the amphibian model in particular, on the MFC tours. Due to the eyepoint and using the mouse to put the water rudders in the water I never notice when doing this the pilot's window slides down, raise the water rudders and the window slides up. It wasn't until the other day when panning around the cabin that I noticed this happening. I looked in the documentation and I found under animations that in the wheel, tundra, models using the G key which normally be used to raise n'  lower the landing gear performs raises n' lowers the window,  I'm just amazed as old as this sim aircraft is and there are still Easter Eggs to find

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: The Aerosoft Beaver
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 08:28:05 PM »
 ;D  Funny, that.  I didn't know about the other planes being able to roll the window down.  I knew about the water rudder doing it though.  That is how I know if it's up or down.  I mostly fly only in the amphib beaver.  If not that, then the tundra wheels are the second choice.   :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 11:29:33 AM »
OK been messing around with the Tundra n' Wheel Beaver and not sure what's going on with an update or whatever, but when I press the G key which is the default key for the landing gear, but in these two models is suppose to raise n' lower the pilots window, but not for my version. So if the manual says something is not true, but something that isn't mentioned in the manual is working, and the mysteries of flight sims continue LOL

GrizzlyAir

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 11:06:38 PM »
I got the aerosoft beaver to “work” in prepar3d, but the exterior textures look terrible because of the reflections.  Also the engine gauges never showed on the central pedestal.  Did I miss something?

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 04:41:47 AM »
I suppose you are talking about using the AS Beaver in P3Dv4.x?
If yes please refer to this thread:
http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3689.0

or here at simouthouse
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/107087-Aerosoft-Beaver-P3DV4-Panel-Merge
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

av8erjm

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 02:00:43 PM »
I am using the AS Beav  the FSX version in FSX,  the weird thing is the manual that I have it talks about in the wheeled and tundra version that the G key raises and lowers the pilot window but it doesn't, No mention of or if the window operation for the ski version and no mention of the water rudder operation in  the manual also but it does operate the  window. So I don't know if I had an update for the Beav and didn't update the manual of vice versa also I have two airfiles in each model also even though only one is shown using in the config file. Ah the mystery of life, even though it's dated I much prefer it over the MILVIZ rendition