Author Topic: Yes Bay Lodge V2  (Read 5013 times)

rgerdes

Re: Yes Bay Lodge V2
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »
Interesting about the files being dated 2012.
The files I have in my Yes Bay Lodge Lower (I have both a Lower and Higher) are dated (9/4/2015 except for two that are dated 11/25/2017 (assume that was when Doug fixed the smoke problem for p3dv4).
The files in the Higher folder (there are only 3) are also dated 9/4/2015.
Hope this helps.  :o
Bob

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2019, 10:42:09 AM »
Jeff,

Very strange issue that no one else seems to have including me.  A few ORBX PFJ objects should be there (as you say) when you turn off Yes Bay.  However, the missing trees seem to all be from  vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl objects placed by the PLC_78K_Yes_Bay_Lodge.bgl which is the same .bgl that places the lodge and the ugly brown object that represents dirt as well as some trees and bushes from vegetation.bgl.   You seem (I have not checked every object) to have everything in your pic from that PLC_78K_Yes_Bay_Lodge.bgl but the vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl objects. 

The trees should appear unless the standard vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl is not available in your P3Dv4\Scenery\Global\Scenery folder.  It is a standard file but is it possible for some reason  that the vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl file is missing or deactivated on your system?   

rgerdes,

The correct dates are 2012.  Not sure how your dates got changed.  You are referencing the old version of Yes Bay which had an upper and lower folder.  The new v2 version does not since the upper folder only contained object library information.  That information has now been consolidated into the new Part IV libraries.   When you put the new Part IV libraries in, then you need to remove your old Yes Bay version and update to V2 of Yes Bay.\

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
Thanks Rod,
     A quick search of my system for "vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl" revealed that mine was appended by ".off" for some reason.  I don't remember doing that, or why I would.

Anyway, ... a test is in order.   ;)

That did it!  Thanks again, Rod.  Trees are back.   :)

... an aerial view,  8) 

The smoke here is way off the mark though ...   :o

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:10:58 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

rgerdes

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2019, 01:09:17 PM »
rgerdes,

The correct dates are 2012.  Not sure how your dates got changed.  You are referencing the old version of Yes Bay which had an upper and lower folder.  The new v2 version does not since the upper folder only contained object library information.  That information has now been consolidated into the new Part IV libraries.   When you put the new Part IV libraries in, then you need to remove your old Yes Bay version and update to V2 of Yes Bay.\

Rod

Hi Rod,

So I completely removed the Yes Bay I had and installed the new V2
Everything looks good except as Dieter mentioned the smoke problem is back on the main lodge in P3D v4.4

Bob

av8erjm

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »
OK sort of a different Q&A on Yes Bay I unactivated  the high n' low files and unzipped and put the undated version and activated it. So I'm to understand just the one file is needed now. I didn't want to completely delete the high n' low files and then find for some reason I need them Thanks in adv

Edit rgerdes answered my question I guess while I was typing or sumpin'  thank you
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:55:09 PM by av8erjm »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 04:13:32 PM »
Thanks Rod,
     A quick search of my system for "vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl" revealed that mine was appended by ".off" for some reason.  I don't remember doing that, or why I would.

Anyway, ... a test is in order.   ;)

That did it!  Thanks again, Rod.  Trees are back.   :)

Hi Jeff,

Glad you got it sorted!

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 04:59:19 PM »
You may have meant to set another bgl to "off" and did this one by mistake. I've done things like that by accident.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support