Author Topic: Silt Lake Cabin  (Read 2348 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Silt Lake Cabin
« on: February 14, 2019, 02:12:15 PM »
One of the "joys" of putting Season Switchers into many of the locations and "touching them up" is actually ENJOYING them.  I took Klaus' beautiful new MISTY ICON A5 for a great trip over the snowy mountains to frozen Silt Lake. A beautiful day for flying, a great aircraft and a satisfying scenery location upon arrival. The old Bush Pilot was there to greet me ... coffee was ready.

Silt Lake Cabin has been "2019 Refreshed" as have many other locations. Keep an eye on the top of the Scenery Page for the 2019 UPDATE PDF that Norm keeps up to date for you. Then use the RTMM Flight Plans.zip to grab a beautiful route to a "refreshed" location.

PS: Don't forget to click on the picture for a larger view!

Beardgoblin

Re: Silt Lake Cabin
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 08:11:43 PM »
Cool sequence of shots, I'll have to get myself down that way, once I get PNW and install it.  On which note, ORBX have a sale on at present...

You're a braver man than I though - that aeroplane, whilst sleek and cool looking, looks a little delicate for the fjords and glaciers - especially in the undercarriage department!  ;)
The New Rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6GHz, 32 Gig RAM, RTX 2060 D6 6GB V2 GPU, T16000M FCS Hotas, Logitech 3 stick Throttle Quad.

Doug

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 08:17:17 PM »
Probably not the best BUSH aircraft in our hangar ... but a heck of a lot of fun to fly in this area because it is ALL windshield ... terrific view while you're flying it. It is my "go to" plane just because of the "view" and the easy way it handles.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 10:24:30 PM »
Ya just gotta set 'er down gently.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 12:36:48 AM »
Beautiful area Doug and looking forward to flying there myself, maybe even in that fancy flying machine...RTMM is getting hitech!
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

Doug

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 07:58:30 AM »
Back in the fall, we had an Icon A5 flying in our area, an advertising prototype. It is an amazing-looking plane...sort if a grown up ultra lite.

As for Refreshed locations, if you haven’t tried the Alaska Power Project, you really must. It has to be among our best for the roterhead crowd. But a virtual slew once you’ve landed in a fixed wing is a must. There is a “what to see” for each of the power plants on the web page. It is all Season Switcher ready.