Author Topic: Installing Misty Moorings using addon.xml  (Read 17120 times)

kaha

Re: Installing Misty Moorings using addon.xml
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 09:28:27 PM »
That's basically correct. However, Apostrophes only cause errors if they are used within strings that are already single quoted.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2019, 12:34:57 PM »
When your setting up stuff if you can avoid any punctuation markings you eliminate any punctuation corruption in your strings/paths.  Even found in the MFC system found that there was an apostrophe anywhere in the body of the routes IE: the apostrophe in Misty's Place or anywhere else in the route field that it would corrupt the flight legs to either disappear or not generate following legs. 

(Even in my own scenery folder names, xml etc have removed all punctuation type markings: maybe unnecessary but for me have found it a good practice to eliminate any punctuation which avoids any punctuation type corruption from paths/strings).
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 05:56:22 PM »
Very good advice, Norm.   I had a folder disappear once in W7 and was able to trace it back to the fact that there was an ampersand in the folder name.  It all looked good until I went back to it a week later and then it was gone.     

Rod

SteveA

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 07:26:09 AM »
I'm trying a hybrid with add-on.xml for RTMM scenery. And maybe this was actually being referenced in the thread and I didn't pick up on it.  I can easily turn on/off most of the RTMM objects with one switch (add-ons.cfg : ACTIVE=true/false)

a) I edited {appdata}\...\add-ons.cfg and added a reference to the directory where I keep my collection of RTMM objects (thx Norm!!!)

b) manually included the core RTMM libs at the top of Scenery Library

c) created a master add-on.xml with all of the RTMM scenery add-ons and optionally the RTMM sound, textures, etc.

add-ons.cfg -
[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Users\Steve A\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.1]
PATH=D:\common\RTMM Addons
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.2]
PATH=D:\common\my P3Dv4 Addons
ACTIVE=false
REQUIRED=false

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 07:48:35 AM »
Looks good Steve - Now the only thing I don't like about add-on.xml is that you can't move the scenery positions and sometimes it might make a difference?). Prefer to have total control where scenery is placed and what but the dev's want it this way I guess..  lol. but what do they know! 

Each has their own way and those doing this sim configuration stuff are not exactly novices!!  If your doing on xml for the libs (or looks like scenery.cfg in your pic actually), it works to have the base there and the other RTMM add-on scenery entries via xml get layered on to but locked. That being the case (Locked) might want to do the in alphabetical order so that your list is in sequence to that of the RTMM scenery page.. It will be easier to cross reference. Perhaps?

Dieter

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 08:14:18 AM »
""" I don't like about add-on.xml is that you can't move the scenery positions"""
This is possible with Lorby Addon Organizer/P4AO, isn't it?
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 08:30:30 AM »
Hmmm dunno?, never have used an auto-organizer..  Could try it but auto-things like migrators n similar auto-organizers, well just don't trust them especially when you read the failings. lol. (I guess a bit of old school here and do by manual hands on!).

Dieter

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 10:09:47 AM »
This is no auto-organizer!
Go here:
http://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

scroll down to:
addonorganizer_1_40_b04.zip
- download/unpack and install, run .exe and let the installer do the work.
- Run the software - this will not "disturb or ruin" your P3D installation - have a look what this software is able to do - the manual will help
- highly recommended!
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 10:49:55 AM »
Ok Dieter will give it a try.. heading there now..

SteveA

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 01:33:50 PM »
for addon.xml I'm mostly just using it for Addon Scenery.  RTMM's 250 addon folders to be precise.... they all appear at the top together which is where you want them anyway.  If I wanted them after ORBX or something I would have a problem but so far its a good way to organize RTMM objects and easily turn them off with an ACTIVE=false if I want to do something else.  I know there are lots of options.  Just throwing this out there.

Also, if I want to move the sceneries to another drive.  It's a one line change in the addons.cfg.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:58:48 PM by SteveA »

kaha

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 02:00:54 PM »
...If I wanted them after ORBX or something I would have a problem...

Well, you can do that. It's the <Layer> entry in the <AddOn.Component> section. The problem, and that's probably what you mean, is that if something is added below ORBX that shifts ORBX up the layer number is not correct anymore.

I put a <Layer> number for the libraries. All sceneries I left with no layer what puts them on top. The P3D Learning Center has all information about the xml method documented.

Karl

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2019, 03:48:38 PM »
Right one Karl.. which places the RTMM Libs under the add-on scenery pieces and the FTX below the RTMM Libs. Lots of ways to skin this cat!

Dieter

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 02:59:45 AM »
"Every man is the architect of his own fortue"

This implies:
- Using Lorby Addon Organizer was just a suggestion.
- There are many ways to organize the own scenery library.
I don't use the .xml method until FTXCentral will be able to recognize and to handle these coded inputs.
At the moment you need at least one cfg coded file to set your insertion points correctly.
Many greetings
Dieter

kaha

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2019, 03:30:26 AM »
- Using Lorby Addon Organizer was just a suggestion.

But a good one. It seems to me that software is the only one that can change order of the combined scenery.cfg/xml addons.

I do not add 3rd party scenery every day so I'm ok by servicing the .xml file manually if needed.

Karl

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
Hi

Objects display and scenery placement in Lorby P3DAO

I'm hoping someone can shed some light as to why some  scenery objects show intermittently - specifically the misty cruise ship and fishing boats, coastguard vessel and the project 144 ferry. Sometimes when I visit
PAKT [ORBX v115] they are there and sometimes they are not. I can see vehicles and passengers at PAKT dock.

Also I installed ai floats traffic and ai floats for tongass narrows and see nothing. I tried Rod's install tips that I found in a post from 2016, i.e., copying the adex files from float traffic to the tongass narrows scenery folder but no joy.

I use Lorby P3DAO and place the RTMM 'scenery' folders at the top of the scenery library above all else and the scenery\world\scenery files always at layer 3. Lorby added the first files at layer 3 then subsequent files beginning at layer 4 despite me specifying layer 3.

The end result is that all my installed scenery\world\scenery files are 'sandwiched' between 'Default Scenery' [layer 2] and 'ORBX Vector AEC' [layer 22] and each is referenced at a layer number between 3 and 21. Is this correct placement?

Thanks
Josh

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat