Author Topic: anomolies  (Read 2791 times)

av8erjm

anomolies
« on: January 21, 2019, 07:16:14 PM »
In going back and flying MFC002 and MFC003 found a couple of things with the starting points on a couple of legs with the new updated sceneries . With MFC002 when you let the flight plan select the starting point for the first leg at Misty's Place PF20, it put me in the large hanger and with the new scenery in the winter time the hanger door was closed. On MFC003 the starting point from Yes Bay Lodge MFCT00022 it loads you right on top of the dock. Just thought I mentioned it what with the new sceneries for both of these locations. Never notice it with the old sceneries

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: anomolies
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:45:52 AM »
Yup with the new scenery's there might be some aircraft starting position issues. Just might have to adjust/move your airplane a tad.

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 12:08:29 PM »
But when I do that with the Cigar Box open, will that negate the flight or not record the flight??? I know when I have used the slew to maybe reposition the CB comes up with a warning

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:37:10 PM »
Bes to move your plane first to your desired position at the airport/strip before you actually start the recording of the flight in cigar box if that's possible.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:15:08 PM by nbrich1 »

simmersince81

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 05:05:56 PM »
But when I do that with the Cigar Box open, will that negate the flight or not record the flight??? I know when I have used the slew to maybe reposition the CB comes up with a warning

Interesting observation? On quite a number of occasions when taxing on water to wet-docks I have hit a "hidden" solid object and suddenly found my aircraft elevated out of the water and with wheels down (and sparks flying!). Especially when landing at stop-over seaplane bases, you have no option but to resolve the situation before continuing. I go to slew mode, slide out of the issue area, then come out of slew mode. I run Cigar Box on a network, and while it does log the slew mode, I get no warnings and the flights have always been Approved.

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 05:35:13 PM »
Hmmm.. if you can let us know when you get into these subterranean type locations it would be helpful to try to fix or adjust the elevation or at least try to identify what other scenery might be running if any:  IE: Global, Vectors, LC, or 3rd party mesh that might contribute to causing elevation variances.

I found at some RTMM locations 3rd party mesh and even some default locations has messed up the elevations or terrain, even as you mentioned but when my 3rd party mesh was deactivated (or enabled or disnabled in Vector) the location elevation was ok. One I really noticed was 5BK (Black Rapids) (BWEP) but when mesh was turned off that location was fine. All/most of the RTMM locations are total custom work and now a scenery refresh project going on here so any info on anomalies would be helpful.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:43:25 AM by nbrich1 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 09:01:53 PM »
The issue of suddenly being elevated out of the  water, sparks flying and wheels down is an object issue. Let us know where you encounter this, with a screenshot and coordinates, and we should be able to fix it. It almost certainly as to do with the way the offending object was sized when it was placed in the scenery. It doesn't have anything to do with mesh, terrain, or elevation issues. Competing scenery would be a 1 in a million chance as well. I'm 99.99% certain about this.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 09:23:57 PM »
The issue of suddenly being elevated out of the  water, sparks flying and wheels down is an object issue. Let us know where you encounter this, with a screenshot and coordinates, and we should be able to fix it. It almost certainly as to do with the way the offending object was sized when it was placed in the scenery. It doesn't have anything to do with mesh, terrain, or elevation issues. Competing scenery would be a 1 in a million chance as well. I'm 99.99% certain about this.

Steve

You are right, Steve.  It's the dock object's hard deck which was not sized properly to the visual model.  I know there was one at Nina's Landing, for example.  Not sure if that was fixed.  I'll keep an eye out for them as I travel.  Seem to remember one at an APP location too.  I'll see if I can grab a pic or three of one now ...

Nina's Landing ... I taxied to the dock, and am sitting above the water and stopped.   ;)

For the elevation issue at 5BK, use FTX Central's settings page to open Vector and disable airport elevation correction for it.   8)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 10:35:38 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 09:50:39 AM »
So the mesh stuff kinda of stuff is just elevation stuff - but hitting stuff is object anomaly stuff. I'm seeing more clearly. Ok. Sure glad there are very smart anomaly guys here to get those intrusive object anomalies back in line!!.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 11:50:44 AM »

Steve

You are right, Steve.  It's the dock object's hard deck which was not sized properly to the visual model.  I know there was one at Nina's Landing, for example.  Not sure if that was fixed.  I'll keep an eye out for them as I travel.  Seem to remember one at an APP location too.  I'll see if I can grab a pic or three of one now ...

Nina's Landing ... I taxied to the dock, and am sitting above the water and stopped.   ;)

For the elevation issue at 5BK, use FTX Central's settings page to open Vector and disable airport elevation correction for it.   8)

No Jeff, it isn't actually a matter of the hard surface not being properly sized to the object, but rather the original object itself, in this case the dock, was resized when it was placed in the scenery with IS. So, if the dock had been placed without changing it's size, there would be no problem. As an object designer and scenery developer, I know this from experience. Hardened surfaces are actually treated as separate, and are invisible, attached objects to the underlying object that they rest upon. So when the underlying object is resized, the attached object (hardened surface) doesn't resize along with it. Now when the aircraft hits the invisible, hardened surface (object) it bounces or floats. Finally, any competent object designer who creates an object requiring a hardened surface, would size the hardened surface to sit exactly on the underlying surface. Clear as mud, right?  :)

Truthfully, I don't know why a dock would require a hardened surface anyway, unless it was intended for a   helicopter to land on it.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support