Author Topic: question about the cigar box  (Read 1694 times)

av8erjm

question about the cigar box
« on: January 19, 2019, 04:39:31 PM »
yesterday afternoon I was flying the CIRP MFC0099 and was about 3/4 thru it when a real life emergency occurred, so hit paused and took care of real life, which took longer than expected, This morning went to the sim to see if I could resume it, The sim had gone to CTD. My question is if that happens in the future where I'm called away, is there anyway to save my progress with the Cigar Box, I know there is with just FSX, how would one be able to with the Cigar Box, or would it be possible

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: question about the cigar box
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:16:36 PM »
Sure - Cigar Box has auto-save features.

Just load up your sim, and set up the flight condtions. Then start up cigar box - go to the Recovery tab- Load Flight and select/open the latest modified which is probably your last flight.

Click on the flight and select<open> and it will show Schedule found then will set/load your sim and aircraft to the position of the latest save. When it completes loading your sim, click the start flight button in cigar box and you will resume that flight from the point of the save until you complete the flight. File the pirep as normal. Done

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

Re: question about the cigar box
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 10:46:16 PM »
I figured there was a back door, thanks hopefully I won't need it in the future though