Author Topic: New version of Misty Place  (Read 6878 times)

xxd09

New version of Misty Place
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:36:23 PM »
Hi All
Happy New Year to everyone
Just trying the new MistysPlace v4.6
After installing-  P3D v4.4 asked for PAKT standard highway file to be removed
(I had put it to off as I have Orbyx PAKT installed)
Did this
Restarted P3Dv4.4 again
Plane (Icarus 42) selected almost immobilised on runway and the same at PAKT-Plane only inched along!
Removed 4.6 version and installed previous Misty Place scenery-all OK including PAKT
Am I doing something wrong or is it just my Setup?
xxd09

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: New version of Misty Place
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 06:30:44 PM »
Not sure about why this would be happening. I'm running the new Misty's Place and it's working like a champ for me. PAKT payware airport for me too.

Brad

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 07:27:03 PM »
Not sure about why this would be happening. I'm running the new Misty's Place and it's working like a champ for me. PAKT payware airport for me too.

Brad

Ditto  ;)  I am still on v4.3 of P3d.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:08:20 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »
Just make sure that the highway bgl that is on is the one that matches either orbx or default- whatever you have- and not both on.  One has to .bgl and the other .off. also do you season switcher thingy and make there is no dup's. Use rods seasonal cmd file to check.  Delete the shades folder and give it another shot.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

xxd09

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 02:08:26 PM »
Got it sorted and working
I have Orbyx PAKT installed but my P3Dv4.4 does not like the alteration suggested to the Highway file
Slight hiatus cos highway from PF20 -Mistys Place stops just short of joining up to PAKT roads but small price to pay for fine new scenery at Mistys -never seen so many seagulls and porpoises!
xxd09

THibben

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 06:26:13 PM »
I am totally lost in getting the new Misty Place version installed.  I have downloaded the Misty's Place 2019 file 
but it won't install.  When I am in basic FSX and try to install Misty's place that is as far as it gets.  The file comes up but it won't load.

I have tried several times it won't load.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
Tom

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »
Hi Tom,
     What do you mean by, "It won't install"? ???  It's a manual process, eh.  ;)
     It should just be a scenery folder, right?  De-activate your old Misty's Place from your scenery library.   Open the downloaded Misty's Place 2019 zip, and drag/drop the folder into the place where the old Misty's Place is/was, then activate that in your scenery library.  You can delete the old Misty's Place folder.  The new one replaces it.  That's all.   :P
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:23:11 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

THibben

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »
Thanks Jeff,

I should have said, I couldn't get it installed.  I will give it another try.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 07:56:17 PM »
Following Jeff's tutorial, Go back one step by step. The scenery file that you downloaded for the new Misty's Place is a compressed zip file (Misty's Place v4.6.zip) so you have to unzip it before it is usable.

Unzip that zip file using winzip or winrar etc and then you'll be able to see the new scenery files inside the main folder. That scenery folder contains all the new scenery files for the new version of Misty's Place that needs to go into your add-on scenery folder "Misty's Place". (just make sure to delete the old Misty's Place scenery folder then replace it with the new scenery folder from the latest version of Misty's Place v4.6.   

Then delete the old scenery folder and replace it (drag/drop or cut/copy/paste with the new scenery folder/files. Start your sim and it should refresh the sim indexes for the new scenery files as long as you don't change the scenery folder name from Misty's Place or whatever you have it currently named or set up in your sim.

Almost every scenery file download from RTMM works the same way. Comes as a zip, unzip it, copy/paste/replace the required folders/files and set up the scenery in your sim scenery library if has not been setup.  Done.

If your still stuck, can give you a hands on hand via teamviewer if need be. Let me know via email and can arrange.

Norm
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:33:41 AM by nbrich1 »

THibben

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 10:47:44 PM »
Norm,

Thanks for your detailed reply.  I will get with it tomorrow and let you know if I managed to be successful.

Tom
Tom

THibben

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 11:30:43 PM »
Norm,

I tried to load it again and it wouldn't load again.

I would be thankful for your offer to help.

I will send you a note tomorrow.

Tom
Tom

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 08:51:51 AM »
We are on a 3 hr time difference (I am eastern), so my ET time zone is 3 hrs later than your local time but should be np and won't take any time at all.  (I'll be around' between 1300-1600ET today (which is your 1000-1300 Pacific if that works for you Tom). Just shoot me an email.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 12:01:55 PM by nbrich1 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 11:42:49 AM »
If you are using basic FSX it might take over 5 minutes to load. Be patient. Give it a lot of time before giving up.There's a lot of things this location has to load before running.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

THibben

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 12:48:30 PM »
We are on a 3 hr time difference (I am eastern), so my ET time zone is 3 hrs later than your local time but should be np and won't take any time at all.  (I'll be around' between 1300-1600ET today (which is your 1000-1300 Pacific if that works for you Tom). Just shoot me an email.

I deleted all of the relative files and am starting over.  I will see what happens.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 12:57:50 PM »
Ok, just let us know.