Author Topic: New version of Misty Place  (Read 6884 times)

THibben

Re: New version of Misty Place
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 02:05:11 PM »
Well, something is not right.  I have been trying for the last three hours to load the basic scenery files and have not been able to load one of them.

So I am giving up for a while.  Thanks for your offer of support, but I am a little frustrated at the moment.
My memory is not the best anymore so that doesn't help.  I have never had a problem adding files before so I can't imagine what could be wrong now.

Thanks for your offers of help but I think it best I give it a rest.

Tom
Tom

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 03:07:15 PM »
Hmmm. Ok Tom.. but door always open.. just give a yell when you want some and have had enough!!!! lol
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 03:20:02 PM »
When you say the files won't load, are you talking about when you select Misty's Place to fly from on the main menu and then it changes to next the screen, the one with the progress bar, then nothing happens, and the progress bar just sits at zero? This is the only place that Misty's, or any other scenery for that matter, actually "loads." Can you post a screenshot of where FSX just hangs up and sits idle?

Also, if you installed it properly, and in the same folder where you have all of your other addon scenery placed, and Misty's won't load because of some sort of configuration error in the scenery.cfg file, then you'd get an error message when FSX is booting up. Lacking that, then you probably aren't waiting long enough for Misty's to actually load. It will take a LONG time to load in plain vanilla FSX, as I stated before.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

THibben

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 03:28:01 PM »
Hi Steve,

All I have been trying to load are the basic Libraries series I,II & III.

Can I load the Misty's Place files before the Libraries get installed?

Thanks,

Tom
Tom

THibben

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 03:37:42 PM »
I have been trying to load the files into Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Add on Scenery\.....AhZx_Lib....etc. As an example.

Tom
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:40:02 PM by THibben »
Tom

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 03:45:24 PM »
I have been trying to load the files into Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Add on Scenery\.....AhZx_Lib....etc. As an example.

Tom

Hi Tom,
     Those dots before "etc" bother me.  Your statement says nothing of value to me.  Is the "AhZx_Lib" the one with the dates in it, or the folder under that, which contains the scenery folder?  That is important.   ;)

It is also crucial to have the libraries installed correctly before adding any scenery.  The scenery won't show correctly, or at all without the libraries.

You've been here for a long time.  Why are you saying that you are just now installing the libraries?  Haven't you had them installed since the beginning? ???  (Feb. 2011)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:52:17 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

THibben

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »
Hi Jeff,

I was trying show that last AHZX as an example.  The file I was trying to load is AhZx_Lib SublibraryFSXP3D 1-27-15

Tom
Tom

THibben

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 03:57:41 PM »
I am installing them again because I thought the big update might have changed them.

I wasn't sure so I just updated.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom

THibben

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 04:03:17 PM »
If it would help I could call you.  You could send me a phone number to THibben12@outlook.com and I will call you.

Tom
Tom

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 04:46:45 PM »
Hi Jeff,

I was trying show that last AHZX as an example.  The file I was trying to load is AhZx_Lib SublibraryFSXP3D 1-27-15

Tom

Yes, there should be a folder inside that, with the same name, but no numbers.  That's the library. 
It should have a "scenery" folder in it.  (... like those little russian dolls, inside each other)  :P

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 04:48:02 PM »
If it would help I could call you.  You could send me a phone number to THibben12@outlook.com and I will call you.

Tom

No, I don't use the phone.   ???

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »
Go to comms on Discord as previously mentioned and can go from there.

If you need a link to the MFC server: https://discord.gg/SEe7F3f
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 06:00:43 PM »
Tom,
This might help with your problem. Take a look here for a refresher course on how to add scenery to your setup. The same procedures pretty much apply to installing object libraries.

http://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/

Scroll down to the "I" section and look at "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS For RETURN TO MISTY MOORINGS sceneries."

Also, be sure to carefully read all of the installation instructions in each object library because they're all different!

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »

Tom

Been so long since I used FSX, but isn't there another directory between Microsoft Flight Simulatox X and addon scenery?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 11:28:36 AM »

Tom

Been so long since I used FSX, but isn't there another directory between Microsoft Flight Simulatox X and addon scenery?

No, it is near the top of the main folder, just like that.  It has a scenery folder in it, that I think of as a "generic" scenery folder for bgls that are common to all areas.  I had my RTMM scenery folder in the Addon Scenery folder that I placed all my RTMM stuff into.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:30:15 AM by jeff3163 »