Author Topic: The Moorings - Beta Page  (Read 6509 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
The Moorings - Beta Page
« on: March 30, 2011, 08:07:07 AM »
The Moorings - Beta Page for Boats

We've put up a "beta" page for The Moorings. This is where we will store the "nautical" items ... Misty on the water.  Staying with the RTMM theme, we'll be focusing on the PFJ area (Wrangell may need to be an exception ... but Tongass X will be needed). But the focus will be on "using" the beautiful scenery that ORBX and PFJ give us right at the water level. (See Bella Coola Trip Tic).  It is a whole new "perspective" when you are down on the water and not flying over it. We know this is not for everyone, but from what we've discovered, because of the intense scenery, many people will enjoy this new aspect.  (And we're a "full service" site! :-)

This thread is where, if you are interested, you can add your ideas to what could go on the new page. 

One thing I'm discovering are the little communities that Holger has put into the scenery. We first noticed this with Greenville BC ... in the service pack he has put in more such Easter Eggs up the Nass River. Had we not run the Nass in a boat from the Salt Water to the frozen Bowser Lake 80 miles away, we'd have never seen it.  Ocean Falls is another one you may miss. Or the Marina at Bella Coola?  As we find these "moorings" we'll be posting them under the navigational section with an exact "mooring point" ... this will put you right beside a pier or at a mooring buoy.  So you can put your boat there and "discover" the new area.  Also, if you find an interesting mooring point that should be added, tell us and we'll add it to the growing list there.

You can find The Moorings here: http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/moorings/

D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:17:50 AM by Doug »

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: The Moorings - Beta Page
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:19:26 PM »
Great Doug! 8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:46:56 PM »
Corbu ... The cruises are great for a copter down and on the water ... If you follow the GPS, you can really fly low as it goes "between' the cliffs.

D

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 03:03:28 PM »
Cool! Great Idea, Doug! I will give it a try!
My littlebird needs some exercises........and fun  ;D

Hope I can take a few screenshots

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals