Author Topic: The world wants to know??  (Read 4817 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
The world wants to know??
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
All right I admit it, I'm not the swiftest bird in the flock when it comes to the WWW but I have just spent 35 min. trying to figure out how to get on the FS Northwest web site.  I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings but I have never seen such a debacle in my life.  I can find the place to put my user name and password and promptly get the error that it does not match, DUH!, of course not I'm not a member yet because all I can do is go around in circles trying to find the sign up page.  Who ever created that site either is anti-social, paranoid, or needs help badly.  If some kind soul would like to point out how I can join up to download the air boat please be very specific as to click this, do this, and you see this type of help as I get frustrated quite quickly when stupid is as stupid does!.
Thank you.
 8)
PS:
and do not say click on this link as I have googled quite a few "links" and they all wind up on the "home" page with the same screwed up results.
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: The world wants to know??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »
Darn ... guess what, now I'm having the same problem!  I got in, because I got the boat just fine. And I know what user/password I used ... but alas, I'm outside looking in also.  I'll try to contact him somehow. Otherwise, I'll pull the boat (which is a shame) ... it is perfect for narrow river running.

D

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 10:34:40 AM »
Yes, I have been down that road too.  I did eventually figure it out, 'cause I got the airboat.  I was going to email it to ya, but can't send email attachments inside of RTMM.  PM me your email and I'll send you the zip.  It would be easier than trying to remember what I had to do to get to the file.  I'll send it to you after work today, after 5 pm PST.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 12:11:46 PM »
Doug,
good luck trying to contact him as I clicked on the Site Administrator button and promptly was asked for my User Name and Password OHHH S**t here we go again!!!!

Jeff,
 I'll PM you my password but I remember putting it in my profile and when I look it is there.  I'm assuming that for some reason it does not show up for anybody else.  I checked several profiles from the site and it seems that the email URL is not shown is this correct.  Anyhoo PM on the way Jeff.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
Yeah, tried that too.  I went over to FS Shipbuilding.org and put a feeler out for him over there ... maybe someone will know who he is.  If that doesn't work, then we'll just post the airboat files, wait for his lawyers to show up and ask him how to contact him! :-)  I've got the files and the airboat is a winner, but I hesitate to put it up because we don't have any kind of permission.  This one is worth the pursuit.  The darned boats love to do the old "air boat" slide anyway ... so here's a boat built for the key characteristic of the boats.  Going up a river in that thing is a blast.  The graphics are great and the little instrument panel is all we need. (One Eye would love it, it's all dirty with gator guts and grime!)

D