Author Topic: SIRP - ST Petersburg - landing on snowy strips  (Read 2801 times)

Tozzifan

SIRP - ST Petersburg - landing on snowy strips
« on: November 24, 2018, 05:14:02 AM »
[p3dv43]

Hello,

after a ton of hours into RTMM, for the first time I've started using the ski version of the Milviz Beaver, to explore and land on the SIRP/PAPG area

unexpected to me, it happens that the ski Beaver bounces and tumbles on those strips, while the standard and tundra wheeled ones land smoothly

I don't claim about a RTMM problem, yet I'd like to start asking here why the skis appear not to be working on snow

thanks
win10 - p3dv43 - HOTAS Warthog - Crosswind pedals, CH Throttle - Saitek trim - TrackIR - Oculus CV1

Tozzifan

Re: SIRP - ST Petersburg - landing on snowy strips
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 06:51:02 AM »
by the way:

I've reached SRC1: the runway is elevated above ground (while the others of the package were fine, so far)

(I have FSGlobal) please, any solution to that?

thanks
win10 - p3dv43 - HOTAS Warthog - Crosswind pedals, CH Throttle - Saitek trim - TrackIR - Oculus CV1

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:02:10 AM »
Are you “gear up” when you land? We get so used to “gear down” sometimes we forget.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 11:59:42 AM »
Is there any info about this issue in the Milviz forum?   :-\   ... or P3d?  I have found that the water surface is very sticky in version 4.3.   I don't know about the snow surface though.  I haven't gotten onto any this year yet.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:03:01 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 03:22:55 AM »
""" the runway is elevated above ground"""

Do you use an additional mesh?
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Tozzifan

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 08:25:39 AM »
""" the runway is elevated above ground"""

Do you use an additional mesh?

FSGlobal Ultimate FTX

Tozzifan

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 08:26:30 AM »
Are you “gear up” when you land? We get so used to “gear down” sometimes we forget.

:) yes, I've tried several times (SIRP 3)

Dieter

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 03:01:24 AM »
"FSGlobal Ultimate FTX"
Check SRC1 again after deactivating the the North America part of this mesh.

Any high resolution mesh (like "FSGlobal Ultimate FTX") might cause problems here and there in the simulation world especially in Orbx "full fat areas" where a mesh is already provided with the software. Might be the same here in the Tongass area where a mesh is already included, too.
Btw, Orbx still recommends  the (old) "PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible - mesh! That's also the mesh RTMM sceneries are based on.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Tozzifan

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 09:20:10 AM »
"FSGlobal Ultimate FTX"
Check SRC1 again after deactivating the the North America part of this mesh.

Any high resolution mesh (like "FSGlobal Ultimate FTX") might cause problems here and there in the simulation world especially in Orbx "full fat areas" where a mesh is already provided with the software. Might be the same here in the Tongass area where a mesh is already included, too.
Btw, Orbx still recommends  the (old) "PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible - mesh! That's also the mesh RTMM sceneries are based on.

thanks, that's the solution

yet it's better to keep the weather misty, because FSG2018 is a great visual changer  ;)

Tozzifan

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 10:38:53 AM »
concerning my initial question, on every SIRP strip I've tried to land so far with skis, I've bounced and tumbled, while putting down wheels granted a smooth touchdown

isn't that skis are working only on "off-road" snow landings?