Author Topic: First look at PFJ and RTMM...  (Read 3288 times)

foggy-bottom

First look at PFJ and RTMM...
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:52:40 AM »
I came across the RTMM site late last week and managed to beat up persuade the bank manager to release the required funding.

In between watching the practise, qualifying and the F1 Aussie Grand Prix, I downloaded and installed the files (and did the registry cleans and de-frags) and then played about with the various config settings.  Still have a little jerkiness in places - and "jaggies" on the Beaver (it may be the paint itself) - but I'm reasonably content.

One screeny attached >>>>

You can see a couple more on the "new"  foggy bottom blog, here:  http://skowl1.blogspot.com/2011/03/wip.html - includes a bit more commentary.

TTFN - "Foggy"

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: First look at PFJ and RTMM...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 03:53:07 PM »
Good fun blog there!

"Thank you for flying Misty's Beaver"
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

foggy-bottom

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »
Thanks Chris,

Much appreciated.

Regarding your Beaver, I really like the graphics on the rear fuselage.  It's very much the floatplane of choice at present - from a choice of one, though the default "green" example is a possible alternate.  I hve got the Rocky n' Bullwinkle Kenmore paint from the BC Beaver pack - can I say that? - but do the Kenmore's venture this far north?

As for the blog, it replaces a previous offering due to various  :-X   I've got a small stock of stories ready to transfer - flying in JP5's at Sleaford Tech,  Airfield EOD in CVR(T)s, and a few more screenies.  More screenies to follow on here sometime soon...

Thanks again.
Regards  /  "Foggy"

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 10:24:57 AM »
Brilliant shots and fantastic graphics...I love it.
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

foggy-bottom

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »
Thanks Robert,

I take it you are refering to the blog graphics?  I thought the main background image was just about "there" - the addition of some water would have made it.  I had to amend some of the text colours - as I wrote at the start:  WIP.

More pics to follow soon.

I see from your profile that you are living in Stockholm.  I lived in Skarpäng - Täby - for about a year after I left the Royal Air Force.  Worked down near the end of Vallhallavägen/Banérgatan with the FMV.  Enjoyed the work and Stockholm but the (British" company I worked for left something to be desired!!

Thanks again...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 12:45:24 PM by foggy-bottom »
Regards  /  "Foggy"