Author Topic: G21 Turbo conversion  (Read 2393 times)

av8erjm

G21 Turbo conversion
« on: October 30, 2018, 05:55:36 PM »
Took possession to the Turbo Prop conversion for the G21 Goose. The conversion for the G21, whether it be the FX or OZ version. It's listed under Original Aircraft for FSX

Dieter

Re: G21 Turbo conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 03:54:32 AM »
Download at AVSIM
- grumman_g21g_turbo_goose.zip

This plane is based on the old (but good) OZx Grummunn Goose G21 and works in P3D v4.3, too!

Not recommended on water as there is still the old and known FSX bug in the flight dynamics (and they are still in P3D!) on turboprop driven aircrafts during water operations.
You will not (or hardly) be able to get the plane stopped on water. Btw, the author himself pointed this out in his "Grumman G21G Turbo Goose Flight Tips.txt"

There are still some minor "snags": although this is a turboprop version there is a presence of not suitable elements: for example carburettor heat, suction gauge ...

Overall a successful realization. A nice and fast plane for land-based operations.
This conversion is basically well done and works well.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

av8erjm

Re: G21 Turbo conversion
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 11:39:29 AM »
Dieter True it does have the usual problems with startup on the water, but I've found that by using A2A's program Accu Feel it helps the off to the race track problem, I use it on the Kodiak and the Turbo Mallard also.  For a freeware pkg I was impressed  with it and thought I'd pass it along to anyone interested. I'm guessing that this may be a WIP and will see version 1.1, 1.2 ETC

Edit I read what I wrote I didn't mean Accu Feel was freeware, but that the turbo conversion was  freeware
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:50:41 AM by av8erjm »