Author Topic: CH Fighterstick USB Problems  (Read 2114 times)

jmsmth

CH Fighterstick USB Problems
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »
I am stymied with my joystick.  When I try to land I lose elevator control  and of course crash into the ground.  I am not stalled.  This happens when I begin to flare.  I have tried it with 10 to 15 knots above approach speed and the same thing.  I end up with the stick all the way back and no elevator response at all.  When I go to options/controls and try to reset my stick I don't see it  in the list.  I see mouse control, saitek rudder pedals and an old Control Manager ID #00 entry.  I haven't had control manager installed in quite awhile.  It appears the old control manager has itself locked in. I have located the standard.xml file in C:\Users\Jim\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepared3Dv4\Controls\Standard.xml.  This file shows entries for mouse ,keyboard, CH Fighterstick USB, Saitek Rudder Pedals and the Control Manager ID #00.  Is there a way to get rid of the Control Manager entries and see if that might solve the problem? I considered deleting the xml file but I didn't know if it would rebuild itself. Right now my landings can not even be considered controlled crashes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Smith MFC0010

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: CH Fighterstick USB Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 07:56:45 PM »
Hi Jim,
     Have you got it all set up and calibrated in Windows?  and joystick assigned in controls setup in the sim?  Go through the controls menu and delete all unwanted assignments.  I have to do that for the Xbox360 controller I've got.  The sim will assign random events to my 360 controller, and rudder pedals too.  :o
     How old is your flightstick?  Does it work well with other sims? ???
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:58:43 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jmsmth

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »
It is about 2 years old.  It is my second one.  The first one lasted close to 8 years.  However the quality of the second one was not nearly as good.  I went out today and bought a new Logitech Extreme 3D.  I'll see if it works any better.  I am  still at a loss as to how to delete the info for the Control Manager #00

Jim Smith

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »
I am thinking ... Google is your friend  :)   Try the CH Hanger or google for a solution.  We are a limited subset here at RTMM, and I don't know anything about "Control Manager".  Someone else may have advice for you, but it is a shot in the dark asking here.    :-\   I wish I could be more helpful.   :P

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P