Author Topic: Play Misty For Me  (Read 12919 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Play Misty For Me
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 01:31:38 PM »
Funny.
Chris, I was starting to mess around with something similar a month ago, then RL stepped in and interrupted.  Again.
Was thinking of this on the side of the C185, at the time.

I don't know what went wrong, but I was only able to see your banner for the first time just now. Where you've had success is in finding a good panorama photo for the background. Your photo is more what I wanted, but I only had a 3 x 4 ratio photo to hand..

If you're using photoshop, Google around for "tutorial photoshop glass text" and you'll find some usable guides. The hardest thing in almost all of them though is that they don't show how to distort the background as it is refracted through the (theoretical) edges of the 3D glass lettering edges. So in addition to the many effects I have layered here, I also have a KPT layer (KPT = Kai's Power Tools - a great plugin for painter programmes)
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »
 Great paint scheme, Chris ! 8)

Could be possible to see something like that someday on Nemeth BO105 Heli?
Just a thought. You know I´m with the whirlybirds.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 02:12:18 PM »
As you know, Klaus, I am still on a "go slow" and will be for the next few months, so paints won't be coming as fast as the first Misty Moorings liveries were.

But on the other hand - when I do get time, I will do the odd paint - I just have problems completing them and getting them packed for upload.

This 185 texture needs specs and alpha channels still and my next "free" phase is not likely to happen now until the middle of next week.

I now have the US Flag Bell 206 and two C185 textures still to finish off.
All the best,

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 02:48:01 PM »
Yes Chris, I know that and I wish you all the best for it!!
As I said it was only a thought as I saw your wonderfull paints.

There is no time for hurry.
If you could put it on a to do-list for later times that would be a great thing!
Thanks in advance!

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
Done...

Now about finding complimentary colours for green. I think the minus 90° row looks best for me.

Oh - for those that don't know - I have taken my "Misty Greens" palette and "rotated" the colours in 30° steps minus on the left and 30° steps plus on the right (hence the top and bottom rows being equal - i.e. 0° and 180°).

About the only thing that is harmonious to the eye, as far as the Cessnas go, is going to be that row of browns on the left.

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:04:13 PM by One-Eye »
All the best,

Leorstef

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
Funny.
Chris, I was starting to mess around with something similar a month ago, then RL stepped in and interrupted.  Again.
Was thinking of this on the side of the C185, at the time.

I don't know what went wrong, but I was only able to see your banner for the first time just now. Where you've had success is in finding a good panorama photo for the background. Your photo is more what I wanted, but I only had a 3 x 4 ratio photo to hand..

If you're using photoshop, Google around for "tutorial photoshop glass text" and you'll find some usable guides. The hardest thing in almost all of them though is that they don't show how to distort the background as it is refracted through the (theoretical) edges of the 3D glass lettering edges. So in addition to the many effects I have layered here, I also have a KPT layer (KPT = Kai's Power Tools - a great plugin for painter programmes)

First no to Photoshop.
I can't justify the prices of any of the versions.  :P
I'm limited to Paint Shop Pro at this point as I have been using it for years now.

I have that photo if you are interested.
I suppose could just PM it to you.
I also have a layered version of that banner I made already, if you want to monkey around with that I could send it along too.

EDIT: Ooops, nevermind.  I did not scroll down far enough to see that you were done with the project.
I've been fiddling around with something else.
I know.  It's not a bush plane...   ;)

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:16:40 PM by Leorstef »

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
That BD is a fun plane to fly, isn't it?
All the best,

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 06:12:06 PM »
...I don't know it just may be from Pensacola Beach...

You got mountains in FLA? But, what do I know.  Never been south of Virginia Beach!

Mountains?? Sure we got mountains.  Highest point in FL is near Two Egg it is a bit over 300' MSL.  I was referring to the white sand the chair was sitting on, obviously a composite picture.
 8)
Later,

Spud

archangel1

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 02:22:20 AM »
... Nemeth BO105 Heli?...

Guten Morgen, Klaus, wie geht's? Sorry for this slight post hijack but what do you think of this model? It's one of my favourite choppers, along with its stablemate, the MBB 117.

Mike
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »
From my point of view it falls into the "OK" category. Nothing startling performance wise, but fun and relatively easy to fly.

The Nemeth paintkits are good enough.

The only real complaint we could have is that it doesn't fly aerobatics - have you seen what the Red Bull pilot does with it?

All the best,

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 11:46:05 AM »
... Nemeth BO105 Heli?...

Guten Morgen, Klaus, wie geht's? Sorry for this slight post hijack but what do you think of this model? It's one of my favourite choppers, along with its stablemate, the MBB 117.

Mike

Hallo Mike,
Danke mir geht es bestens und Dir?......... ;D Thanks for your greetings in German language!!

I love the Nemeth BO105 very much! It´s one of my favourite Heli´s,too. O.k. It´s not a Beauty Queen.
But as Chris said it`s easy to fly. It´s a funflyer like the MD500. The simulation of starting procedures are not too complicated, but not really realistic as with several Nemeth choppers.

BTW:
If you like some more complex flightdynamics for choppers in FSX you should give HTR - Helicopter total realism - a try. Fred Naar, the author of this impressive goodie added some helispecific flightdynamics, which FSX doesn´t simulate. You can get it on Hovercontol.com. It allows the creation of specific config-files for different sim-helos. There are certain one´s avaible. I made one for the Nemeth`s BO105. Also we did a config for the Nemeth`s MD500 (I fly my littlebird only with HTR).

.... and with HTR the BO105 does aerobatics like loops, rolls etc.

But now back to the original topic

archangel1

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
Vielen Dank!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 05:06:38 PM »
Great paint scheme, Chris ! 8)

Could be possible to see something like that someday on Nemeth BO105 Heli?
Just a thought. You know I´m with the whirlybirds.

I thought I couldn't do aerobatics in the BO 105... I have just spent the past hour proving myself wrong. I can get rolls and loops and stall turns and chandelles... I was quite surprised really.

Frightened myself a few times too - I managed to blow the engine up as well a few times :D
All the best,

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 06:09:50 PM »
Flying loops in a chopper is great fun.... isn`t it?  ;D