Author Topic: double pireps  (Read 1892 times)

av8erjm

double pireps
« on: August 31, 2018, 03:45:01 PM »
OK not sure why but I'm coming up with two pireps for each leg. I am assuming that I shouldn't be pressing the pirep button in the cigar box, or am I??? for each leg. There must be something about it somewhere but I couldn't find it in the FAQs

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: double pireps
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 04:10:55 PM »
OK not sure why but I'm coming up with two pireps for each leg. I am assuming that I shouldn't be pressing the pirep button in the cigar box, or am I??? for each leg. There must be something about it somewhere but I couldn't find it in the FAQs

Upon closer look, you are actually flying both the single legs that are copies of the tour flight legs but the are just single flights and as well
You are also filing the pireps for the real tour legs that are generated from within the tour page.
You have to file/send pireps in all cases.

For the tour legs, you only have to generate and fly/file the tour bid flights generated from the tour page.. fly and file then the next tour flight becomes available for you to bid and fly/file.

The single flight legs which are copies of the tour legs have a different numbering.. ie: MFCxxxxx-6A0.but those are not the actual tour legs.. you have to generate or bid the tour legs from within the tour page then using the bid-get flight data from within cigar box  loads the tour flight including a system assigned tour flight number.

Just refer to the note on the MFC home page to fly tour legs. (All other flights not generated from the tours themselves are single flight legs and don't contribute to the actual tour legs).

Now this tour module doesn't allow for fight number direct entry or reflying any legs hence the reason for the single flight legs. They can be flown/loaded either by bid or by direct flight number entry within cigar box (but don't contribute to the  ompletion of tours)

Clear as mud but hope this clarifies

Norm
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:15:11 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »
So when I'm doing a tour I shouldn't even use the Cigar Box then,??

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 07:51:18 PM »
You need to use cigar box for each flight.. but only generate the tour flights as bids from within the tour page for the specific tour you are flying.. then in cigar box draw the tour bid, fly it, file it .. and continue flying the tour legs until each is  done

Refer to the note on the MFC home page concerning flying the tours.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:46:04 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^