Author Topic: Cigar box problem  (Read 5965 times)

doksas

Cigar box problem
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:07:10 PM »
Hello,
after install Cigar box i try to begin flight,

Open the CIGAR BOX... Make sure the "url" is http://www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com/
If everything is set ok, you will see a "good conneection" in the lower right corner in red.
Go to the MFC site on the TOUR CENTER page and select a tour
All of the available tours are listed there "
When you SELECT a tour, you must "sign up "for it. Go to the bottom of the page for "Tour Signup".
You will get a page with the tour details .. after "book flight" you will see a "Fly Leg" shortcut, click on it
When your bid is accepted ... view the bid and it has a flight number, example: MFC431 (note it)
Go back into the Cigar Box. Under PIREP Data, put this flight number for the tour into the Flight Number box. The PiRep fills in with the data for the leg. Go to the lower left and in the dropdown, select your aircraft. Be sure to click on "load aircraft".

Everything is done but when i need to enter flight number in Cigar box no way, i try manual typing, copy/paste. ctrl+v but i dont to enter flight number.

Any help pls?

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Cigar box problem
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »
You don't have to enter the flight#. 

1. After creating a bid in tour center for the tour you want to fly.. (Flight leg details - you should receive the "bid added" .. (Note: The 1st tour leg will open for you.. create a bid..  (once you have flown that flight/leg, then the 2nd next flight/leg will open up for you in that tour and so forth until all of the tour legs have been flown and pirep submitted for each.

2. In Cigar Box settings: (Main > Settings) >  Uncheck Search by Flight Number (This opens the direct bid system in Cigar Box). (Pic 1)

3. In Cigar Box: go to the Pirep Tab. Simply select "Get Flight Data" and Cigar Box will load our bid flight leg (See Pic 2)

So once you click the "Get Flight Data" all of the field in Cigar Box will populate. (See Pic 3)
And you'll be ready to start the flight as soon as your sim is ready.

(Note: I bid on flight MFC0111A then in Cigar Box clicked "Get Flight Data" and it loaded all the parameters of that flight. (Now one thing, I am going to use a C185 to fly this flight instead of the DHC2 BeaverA so I'll change the airplane - (See pic 4) but once you get it all of this is easy.

Tour legs are all by bid.
Scheduled Single flights can be generated by Bid or by using the flight number.
Now if you want to load single flights by flight number or create custom charter flights you need to use/select the "Search by Flight Number" in settings (Main > Settings)

Hope this Helps.

Norm
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:31:20 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

doksas

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »
Great this working, thanks nbrich1, cheers.

doksas

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 03:28:06 PM »
Another problem with cigar box, when file pirep after flight

Mouse click on "continue" but pirep not filed. After 30 min i shurdown cigar box but then i missed one flight and automatic go on next
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 03:44:39 PM by doksas »

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 03:19:22 PM »
There are many things that can cause a kaCars issue, most I don't understand, BUT usually the Pirep files. It maybe that the server is busy, or an internet glitch, but if you continue you most likely will see a Pirep.  You can check under your pilot information to see the Pireps you have submitted, Likely it will be waiting.  If you are unsure, let us know or see if you get approval.  Norm and I do Pireps several times each day so there shouldn't be a delay in knowing the status. 
Let us know, and fly on......the system isn't perfect...a fact of life.

Henry
Misty Moorings Team

doksas

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 09:22:58 AM »
Pireps is ok, and after this Cigar box error everything is fine in next flights.

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 05:34:19 PM »
Glad it's working.....I think that most errors that show up are worry some but somehow the Pirep files just fine and the flight gets credited. 

Henry
MistyMoorings Team

doksas

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 09:45:11 AM »
Today i have new problem with cigar box..
i set aircraft fuel in fsx, and then start cigar box and when start plane from cold and dark all 3 fuel gauge in aerosoft beaver go on 100% fuel.
I try to exit from cigar box, again set fuel and again start cigar box but fuel again go on 100%.
Any help please?

BBQSteve

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 12:52:18 PM »
Move your airplane. You are probably sitting on a fuel box.

doksas

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 08:40:15 AM »
Yes, this is problem, thanks Steve.
one more question, i like to fly with Alabeo D17 STAGGERWING, but this plane not in cigar box, Can i use in cigar box another plane from list and fly with D17 ?

nbrich1

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »
Perfect diagnosis on the fuel there Steve. Nice job.

D17 Staggerwing, hmmm, Well it imight not be the ideal bush aircraft for bush landings but is similar to the AN2 Biplane which is in the RTMM/MFC Fleet and it was used by the US Air Corps. For some tours it might not be quite rugged enough especially in harsher weather but sure feel free. (ICAO D17S)

Norm
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 03:05:03 PM by nbrich1 »

doksas

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 03:09:20 PM »
Ok thanks Norm.

doksas

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »
OMG you insert D17 into Cigar box :)  Norm, you and team are the best!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 08:40:55 PM »
OMG you insert D17 into Cigar box :)  Norm, you and team are the best!

:)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 08:55:12 PM »
Aye I did set up the D179S. Since the D17 carries a lot less psgrs and much less cargo than the AN2 I setup it up as Beech D17S and to be a separate aircraft selection in Cigar Box. (ND17SMM - D17S - D17S).

Norm