Author Topic: P3Dv4.3 Failure to load  (Read 4295 times)

jmsmth

Re: P3Dv4.3 Failure to load
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 04:59:27 PM »
When I deactivated the add-ons.cfg it started.  When I deactivated add-ons cfg and activated scenery.cfg it did not.  It tried to generate scenery files but hung at 67% and would go no further.  I have tried twice now to send the scenery.cfg file via the forum but it failed.  So I sent it to you by private email Norm.  I hope you still have the same email you had back in the AKA days.

Jim

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 05:32:25 PM »
Yes James I have the same email.. looking now. Stand by

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »
(Also sent via email back to you James but also posting here

Your scenery.cfg looks fine. I saved it (attached) after taking out a blank line at the bottom but it looks fine if your scenery paths shown in the cfg are correct (which I assume are correct).

So all looks good so far and again looking for that needle in a haystack.

1) So put your scenery.cfg back into folder C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

2) Next >  Go to your sim E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

Scroll down a bit, Double left Click on the file Delete Generated Files, a small black window will appear and then disappear again, this is normal. Then launch Prepar3D and test. Sim boot up ok or not?

-------------------------------------------- BREAK ----------------------------------------

3) If the sim will still not boot up: then Go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 again.

Find file dll.xml >  Rename this file dll.xml.OFF     (just add .OFF to the file extension)
Find file exe.xml >  Rename this file exe.xml.OFF  (just add .OFF to the file extension)

These will rebuild on startup. Try the sim.

-------------------------------------------- BREAK ----------------------------------------

4) If the sim will still not boot up: then Go to:
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Find file dll.xml >  Rename this file dll.xml.OFF
Find file exe.xml >  Rename this file exe.xml.OFF

Again these will rebuild on startup. Try the sim.

And let us know the results.

Norm

jmsmth

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 09:29:15 AM »
Well I got it to load okay by completing up thru Step 2 of your instructions.  As of now everything seems to be working.  Thanks to all who helped.  Norm I sometimes think I may take advantage of you but your knowledge of the system is superb.  There is a myriad of extremely knowledgeable people on this site. 

Jim Smith

nbrich1

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »
 No problem James.. you know that we are always willing to help and we do go back a long way too from earlier days. Actually Steve was the first responder here to get things underway.

Nice to know that there's many others in here that know the ins and outs of sims and are willing to take the time to help. Nice job Steve and thank you.

Happy flying again Jim.

Norm
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:36:30 PM by nbrich1 »

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2018, 02:07:59 PM »
Glad you got it fixed......there are a number of posts on P3D forums that address several other possible problems when the program hangs for anyone else that need a boost.  I had a problem on a complete re install, thanks to Norms help, we figured that one out as well.  it seems that some RTMM scenery will cause the default radio frequency to change to 108.02 on NAV2. The config rebuild fixes the problem.  Since most fly by GPS, this might not even be noticed, but for those that fly by VOR and NDB and no autopilot, it makes a big difference.

Henry
Misty Moorings Team