Author Topic: Cigar Box Flight Saving  (Read 2224 times)

BlueHighFlyer

Cigar Box Flight Saving
« on: June 29, 2018, 12:00:26 AM »
First of all, thank you to all the folks that put together these great tours. I really enjoy it.

I was wondering if there's a way to save a flight in Cigar Box? Same as you would do with P3D or FSX, and later resume where you left (and sync with a saved flight in P3D).
The use case is that some of the legs are somewhat long (for a family man flight enthusiast  ;) ) and would be nice if I could save in Cigar Box, have some time with the family, and later resume both P3D and Cigar Box.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks!

BBQSteve

Re: Cigar Box Flight Saving
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 08:50:24 AM »
Cigar Box does save your flight, about every 15 minutes I believe. If you look in the last tab labeled "Recovery" you will see a list. Start your sim and look for the FSUIPC saved flight and load it or just any other recent save, pick the date you flew.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 11:21:26 AM »
Cigar Box does save your flight, about every 15 minutes I believe. If you look in the last tab labeled "Recovery" you will see a list. Start your sim and look for the FSUIPC saved flight and load it or just any other recent save, pick the date you flew.

There are settings for the save which are editable:

Autosave checked - (Activates autosave (Default checked))

Save FS - Saves SIM Position and cigar box log.

Resume FS - Enables resume (Continuation of a flight.) Enables log to resume flight (load flight)

Pause FS -   Pause Cigar BOX during a flight. Sim Pause or Engines off stops the cigar box log. but it is resumable upon "Unpause" or engine start.

Save Interval - (15mins default) but the interval can be reduced down to 5 mins for more saving or to a max interval of 100 mins for minimal save. And you can do your own manual save anytime you want as loong as you are over 1000 agl.

(I am away but have already started a Cigar Box manual: and if I ever get to finishing it..lol.. But play with cigar box.... do a save. Then restart your sim to the start of your flight.. then use the Cigar Box option - Recovery, Log Flight and select the flight you were on.. and it will set your sim back to the time of the save. When your sim is set up and running again, push start flight in cigar box and it will load your previous log to that point and continue loging that flight.. end as usual to stop light and send pirep and all is sent in include the time of the saves and the time of the resume (s).  Very handy for long flights if you need a break or if your sim crashes. Cigar Box can resume back to the last save and reload it all for you to continue that flight without having to restart the flight from the beginning.

Try it, you'll like it..lol and it works well. Hope this helps and if any questions on use just let me know.

(Hope to have a manual or two done for fall: IE: MFC Site: Pilots Center, MFC Bids vs direct load of flight# as well as a manual for Cigar Box)

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

BlueHighFlyer

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 10:34:24 PM »
Thank you both. I've tried it and worked like a charm. I was able to retry landing at PF17 without needing to fly the complete 1+ hr leg.  :).
Now working on landing on PF10 (Barnstormers Leg: 5). Nice!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 12:59:38 AM »
My cigar box seems to save at random, usually 1 minute, intervals.  I've got it set to 5 minute intervals above 1000' feet.  Sometimes is two or three minutes, but has been ticking away at 1 minute each most often.  Saving stops when I fly below 1,000' feet and resumes above it.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »
Mine goes save random the odd time too (if drop under that 1000 agl), but all seems to be working fine.. and very easy to load up to continue a flight. (A great feature to have).   

Norm
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 05:34:03 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^