Author Topic: Introduction and some help  (Read 9028 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Introduction and some help
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2018, 09:08:36 AM »
Here's what I do to still use Instant Scenery as a design tool. I keep an installation of FSX on my PC that is only used for creating scenery in with Instant Scenery. Then when it's ready to test, I install it in P3D to check how it works, looks, etc.

Of course having FSX and P3D installed on my system plus all the ORBX scenery regions, FTX Global, etc. can fill up the storage capacity real quick, but that's how I make things work. I do limit what I've installed into FSX. I'll only have one ORBX region or FTX Global installed and active depending on where I'm designing at. For the most part, I've been using this configuration since P3D arrived over five years ago.

Works for me.

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2018, 05:48:22 PM »
Hmm that might work, I'm not sure if my "base building" justifies the price of buying instant scenery haha.

I'm not really planning on using it for any other project so far.

Decisions, decisions, decisions   ::) :P

From a different point of view; Serenity Aviation
CEO Serenity Aviation

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2018, 02:29:31 AM »
Another stupid question haha  ::)

How does this misty flying club tour system works?
It looks great and I think it is a great way to discover Alaska right?
But I can't find anywhere how to join them or where to fly from and to.

Sorry for all my questions guys, everything looks so great  ;D ;D

CEO Serenity Aviation

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2018, 07:40:26 AM »
You could read through the Misty Flying Club and Multiplayer posts.  There is a lot of information there, to start with.   ;)

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?board=19.0
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 07:42:28 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2018, 08:38:34 AM »
Very easy Maever..

The website is: http://www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com/

So go there and join up... (I'll approve you)...

When approved you will get a MFC pilot number. (Your # should be MFC0053 if you join today).

Then after a login on that site you will be able to see the flights, tours and downloads (Acars) and other features. (There is over 680 single RTMM flights.., 16 active tours that contain almost 200 legs.. and do keep building.. lots to cover in Alaska, BC and Yukon - (I have only barely started in this endeavor but in every trip, FP or excursion try to feature all of the RTMM scenery locations. So best to get all the scenery in and will try to lead all through it as we fly - and of course the trip itself in this ruggedness is interesting and bush en-route as we explore the actual locations of the scenery.

So far in the tours or excursions have only covered a portion from Ketchikan/vicinity up to Petersburg.. but will eventually, over the next few decades..lol will hopefully will be able to cover all these lands. lol. So if this might be your interest you're in the right place (and lots of help here to get you in the RTMM skies).

Norm
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:05:48 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2018, 04:47:34 AM »
Thanks for the help Norm!

Just found it on the website as well haha  :-X
I also registered on the website you gave me. Awaiting approval.  8)

CEO Serenity Aviation

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2018, 07:28:05 AM »
No problem at all sir and pilot approved. (MFC0053). Now when you login you will have access. Take a look around. Download "Cigar Box" (kACARS*) from the Downloads section. (*This is the flight recording/reporting system for all your flights).

In the downloads you will also see the RTMM Flight plans (single flight legs) as well as downloads for the tours: (Each tour has it's own download with that tour's brief, flight legs and flight plans).

Anyways not hard to set up and fly. Just have fun and will see you in the air!!

Norm
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 05:49:43 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2018, 12:39:24 PM »
Thanks I will check it out!  8)

CEO Serenity Aviation

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2018, 02:16:27 PM »
I´m having some elevations issue´s, but I´m also missing the elevation files from Tongass X for some reason.

Could someone be so kind to send them over to me, so I can get my airfield working again haha.

CEO Serenity Aviation

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2018, 07:39:10 PM »
     Hmmm ... what was this thread about?  What is the topic of discussion that is taking place here?  This thread is all over the place, and I can't really nail it down. 

I don't know about elevation files for TFX, but you have to install it in a specific way.  There are threads about installing TFX in the forum.  Have you read those yet?

Please, if you can't find the answer already posted in our forum pages, start a thread in the appropriate section, specific to your issue.  That way it can be referenced in the future to help someone else.  This thread contains several topics.  The title is non-descriptive, which also doesn't help.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P