Author Topic: Earnings  (Read 2039 times)

BBQSteve

Earnings
« on: June 22, 2018, 12:16:57 PM »
I notice with each tour flight that there is an earnings stat, but it does not appear in my totals. Is this not functional yet?

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Earnings
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 01:24:17 PM »
Well you do earn something.. IE: Earnings Steve Stevens - total $ 1683.64 (shows on your badge). It is only a Fly vs fuel cost. which I have fuel set at next to nothing only because I can't set it a zero...lol.

Anyways, VA money or earnings is not quite fitting for use at this flying club as a more relaxed flying club and we don't need the VA money here to buy anything at all.

Now in the VA system that we use there is a complex pilot scoring or points system module but we have it turned off.  At MFC we're not exactly measured again flying as per the contents in the module which are similar controls or regs to that of safety regulations as per the FAA, NTSB in US or the Transportation Safety Board in Canada. And here we don't don't penalized for not using the SOP for the aircraft or airspace..lol..

Now if we turned on the regulations scoring system, might be a bit showing lol, but everything good or bad, a pilot did behind the controls would be marked and rated. Like almost every pilot aspect would be reflected as either a positive or negative and points calculated: IE: from various operational aspects (that all can be captured in cigar box. From aircraft speeds to use of lights and when, taxi speed, even to using the correct runways as per wind heading for both take off or landings. Also bank angle penalties, descent rates, stalls or overspeed penalties. So if we turned it on .. well... we are just a club, lol.. I would imagine that we would go broke due to the penalties..lol. but hey, we do have some fun and we don't need a pilot scoring system or any va $$$ here. (Except when spud needs a virtual beer or two at Misty's Place.. then a few VA dollars might come in handy).

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

BBQSteve

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 03:20:05 PM »
Well according to you, it works even though we don't use it. That's fine by me, but if it works, it doesn't work correctly. I made that much on one flight!   8)

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 04:29:04 PM »
I guess we won't get rich flying for MFC but the trips in the scenery are fun! The music is nice at some of the "musically enhanced places"- even a Christmas time, (and Robert sure uses great music tracks in his videos), and at MFC-RTMM we are the not the rookies anymore so we don't have to buy the 1st round at Misty's Place. lol.  (all to say, we got's no money to give out and good thing we don't need much money up here!). Hopefully we do have lots of personality and try to make it a fun air space.

Norm

BBQSteve

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 09:55:56 AM »
Well I wanted to buy a round, but after that last adventure, I have to repair the landing gear.   :-\

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 11:28:17 AM »
I wondered why your plane looked off kilter for a minute there but then saw the bent gear.. bent gear will do that..lol. Easy on those planes Steve.!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 11:35:42 AM by nbrich1 »