Author Topic: Saving and resuming flights at intermediate stopovers?  (Read 2068 times)

robw

Saving and resuming flights at intermediate stopovers?
« on: July 17, 2018, 02:33:16 PM »
I'm having great fun (re)discovering all the fantastic RTMM locations, so much so that I constantly find myself distracted to make some side trips, maybe even hop in a boat or two for some self-made water tours.

Unfortunately this means I can take a while to complete some of the tours so it would be great to be able to stop at some point on route and save my position on the leg to resume the next day, while on the ground (or water).

I suspect this isn't possible because of the way the flight logging works and of course I can always save the flight while in the air and then resume from that point. It just feels a bit artificial doing it that way.

The great thing about this flying club is the flexibility but I suppose there have to be some rules about how flights are completed to make the whole thing work.  :)

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Saving and resuming flights at intermediate stopovers?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 03:47:57 PM »
Well Rob... Glad you're havin' fun revisiting all the places as we get to them. And really if you want to stop or make some "short" side trips to see something that I may have missed in the FP or if you want to see something else.. well please do. Just don't do a Ketchikan to Misty's flight via CUBA or something!! lol.

Rerally, it is no problem if it takes a tad longer to do a tour.. no biggy so go for it - (and unlimited # of stops you can do in a flight leg. It's all about flying and seeing or visiting various things from RTMM scenery to glaciers to SPB etc.  And yes you can save your sim at a location and also name the flight in Cigar Box then save the flight (in the air close to that location) and resume your flight later.  The saved flight in cigar box can be loaded up and continued.

So your save the sim and cigar box, then later start up the sim to the location, Run Cigar box, Recovery > Load > the flight# and it will move your plane at the cigar box log save... and you continue your flight. Yes might take a tad longer to run a tour but np.

And for others who may rapidly fly the excursions, I will continue to make more. (The latest is Excursion/Tour 17 which will take us from the Petersburg area northward to Juneau_). (Some might realize already but I'm working northward in the tours).

The big thing is to enjoy the time in the sky and enjoying seeing the scenery and the scenery pieces.

Norm

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 05:43:52 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 01:44:06 PM »
There are a few things to add to Norm's reply.  When you save a flight in Cigar Box, a single file is created for that flight and it will be overwritten each time you save.  For most flights, this is ideal, but should you want to save the flight at a location that you don't want overwritten, then go into the Cigar Box saved flights and rename the saved flight file.  ie: xyz1, xyz2 etc.

The second reminder is that the flight limitations continue.  Specifically landing rates.  You are welcome to land anywhere for your side trips, but you must still land at -600 or better.

Enjoy your next flight.

Henry
Misty Moorings Team Member

robw

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 02:40:21 PM »
Thanks for the info, the advice given was more or less what I was doing and works well.

There's so much to see along the way that side trips and stopovers are irresistible. I thought I knew this area well but flying with MFC is like discovering it all over again. :)
Rob