Author Topic: the multiplayer how to thread.  (Read 12183 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: the multiplayer how to thread.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 12:25:54 PM »
That's what I needed ... thank you. I think it is all fixed up now.  That's a nice addition. Do we need anything like this for FSHost? Or anything else? The FAQ page is there just for these kinds of things. So when the subject comes up on the forum, we can "point" people in that direction rather than repeating it.  Anytime we see something like this, let me know and I'll make sure it is archived in the FAQs.

D

Doug,
TeamSpeak is the voice communications half of multi-player.  FSHostClient, after you get that setup, is the other half that connects all players to the host server so that their airplanes can see one another in the sim.  The usual sequence is to start FSX, Start FSHostClient to get on the multi-player server.  After I'm 'on' the server I then minimize FSX and start TeamSpeak and connect to that server.  Maximize FSX again and now your in multi-player with voice communications.  When other A/C are near you (within 10 miles) you will see the labels flashing over their A/C, these have to be turned on in FSX setup to show, about a couple of miles you should be able to see the actual aircraft.  Of course you can talk to each other over the TeamSpeak program.  In fact you can use TeamSpeak without being on multi-player just to chat with others.

8)
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 03:06:28 AM »
if you guys want i could do the same thing for connecting fshost ? although it is alittle more complicated not really that much more complicated then teamspeak ...like spud its just been a long time sence i,ve installed it or had to mess with it ..but i could write up a quick tutorial if you wish...wedge

AW032

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 06:48:09 AM »
Would be nice of you if you have the time to  :)

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »
The 'official' tutorial for using FSHost is right here: http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/multiplayer.html
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 03:06:30 AM »
tks francois , maybe i dont need to do a pictorial after all, it does take alittle effert to get online but its worth it.believe me ,,our moto on the Midav servers is " never fly alone" and indeed i dont ...i,d get bored real quick.cheers WeDGe

AW032

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 03:36:02 AM »
Thank`s great help  :)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 08:39:42 AM »
WeDGe ... Any option you want here. The link Francois gave us lays it out nicely. I could copy that to ours giving them full credit, you could put up pics and we could then "link" to FSHosts info.  Let me know what you need.

D

Francois

• FS Veteran
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 08:46:21 AM »
Also, we have a special 'instance' of FSHost running for RTMM now, but I think Darryl is still trying to work out sometheing specific for RTMM. There's a RTMM TeamSpeak session rinning as well.

... and the man's blog

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »
Francois,
probably some where here in the forums but I'm getting old and forgetful.  Could you post the 'numbers' for TS and FSHost for the server at your site?
 8)
Later,

Spud

Francois

• FS Veteran
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 12:53:15 PM »
Actually I was leaving that for Darryl to do...... maybe a miscommunication :-)

... and the man's blog

alexf

• My photogallery
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 06:52:30 PM »
Why are you pointing to the old Teamspeak 2? The current version is Teamspeak 3.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 08:09:22 PM »
Why are you pointing to the old Teamspeak 2? The current version is Teamspeak 3.

I think probably because as Wedge says it is simple to use, works every time and covers all the functions that his multi-player site needs.  Kind of a 'if it ain't broke' type of thing.  ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

Francois

• FS Veteran
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:29 AM »
I only have TeamSpeak 2 installed on my server for now......

... and the man's blog

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »
Francois,
to quote "You're a good man Charlie Brown"
 8)
Later,

Spud