Author Topic: Cigar Box Error  (Read 6349 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Cigar Box Error
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 07:51:48 PM »
Well since Cigar Box works so well, we can't blame it. My sim never crashed, so I don't see how to blame it. There is no pilot intervention so we can't blame him. I guess it is just FM.

Sorry Steve.  My comment was not related to your issue.  I was just relating that my sim crashes occasionally, but the kacars has been tolerant of it.  I'm not having your issues, thank goodness.  Maybe simconnect related? ???   :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

BlueHighFlyer

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 10:46:53 PM »
I have the same issue, never had a problem with CigarBox previously.
Today I just flew MFC1861 CZST to PANT (MFC0008 tour) and CigarBox asserts that my flight never landed (which I am pretty sure I did  ;) ).

I then tried filing a manual PIREP through the web page but I am now getting a "The flight code and number you entered is not a valid route" error.

What could I be doing wrong?
I have never filed a manual PIREP, so I tried flight numbers MFC1861, MFCT00096 and MFCT00096-6A0 with no luck  :-\

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 11:13:50 PM »
Ok Jaime: The flight never landed issue, is usually caused by not reaching at least 1000 agl in your flight. You can try it again but ensure you reach 1000 agl at least once in your flight and the pirep should file ok.

Manual pireps: In this manual filing module, the MFC is already inferred in that system so if you put MFC again it will yield the flight code and number error/

So in this case your bid generated flight was MFC1861 so if filing a manual pirep for this flight just enter 1861 as the flight number and it will be an accepted flight code and number. 

Hope this helps sir.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

BlueHighFlyer

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 11:50:42 PM »
Thank you Norm, I just posted a manual PIREP with no issues.
On the altitude, I did fly close to the mountains, though I was quite confident that I flew above 1,000 agl, at least after passing them and before landing... it's weird...
Anyhow I will sure I fly higher next time.

Thanks again!

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 07:23:24 AM »
Hmmm ok Jaime. Might want to try to run that exact same flight again as a single (MFCT00096-6A0) just to make sure (you would get credit for the flight and the time but up to you).

Now, thinking about this more, could have had a internet glitch that interrupted the communication hence in this case you might receive a "flight never landed error code". Anyways should be just a one off. The manual priep came through-no problem this time. Approved.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^