Author Topic: lake hood afcad for anchorage professional  (Read 2371 times)

rgerdes

lake hood afcad for anchorage professional
« on: May 24, 2018, 02:06:10 AM »
hi Dex
Installed your ai traffic for lake hood and see you might have missed this discussion back in Jan.?

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/129780-getting-stranded-on-lake-hood/&tab=comments#comment-860879

anyway the new afcad fixes the stranding problem - converts a bunch of taxiways and runways to water instead of asphalt and concrete.
Bob

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: lake hood afcad for anchorage professional
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »
Interesting read there. Let's see, since Dex was mentioned in the post by you back in January, and here we are in May with a work in progress PALH Float's file from RTMM, that's kind of cool!!

I'll let Dex chime in on how to proceed with the update to the P3D v4 file that' mentioned in that post. Since I don't use that version yet and to engage the master with some discussion for PALH floats.

Brad

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 06:58:41 PM »
I assume that is was originally designed for AI.  back in the day, we used 1 ft. links and runways of concrete so the spray would show and the runways and links would not be visible.

Bob, Send me your airport file for PALH, the link that's in that thread isn't good now.

Tnks,

Dex

rgerdes

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »
here's the zip I found in my download folder.
I have since done a few mods of my own with ADE - I think the concrete and asphalt causes grounding in P3D v4 and the ADE fault finder ID'ed a few problems
what's your email and I'll send you my latest one?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:33:12 PM by rgerdes »

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 07:39:46 PM »
Thanks Bob,  I'll have a look.

rgerdes

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:01:05 PM »
"back in the day, we used 1 ft. links and runways of concrete so the spray would show and the runways and links would not be visible."

Now that's interesting, I didn't know this - I inadvertently changed the runways to water because I thought they were overlooked.
Until your traffic file which I started using today I didn't know the spray wouldn't show...
BUT.
I'm using the McCoy wake effects and I'm pretty sure the spray is showing and a lot more realistic - maybe something has changed in P3D v4 as to how the spray works?
I'll have to go look at some more take offs and landing to be sure
Bob

Update:
Think I was looking at the taxi & takeoff from a high altitude as on closer look I can see the spray - but also see it with the runways set as water.
Bob
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:40:20 PM by rgerdes »

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 09:44:50 AM »
Things have changed over the years and now if you use water as a surface for the taxi and runways, both AI and regular floats can use the airport.