Author Topic: AI planes  (Read 2730 times)

xxd09

AI planes
« on: May 20, 2018, 07:31:18 PM »
Hi
I do not have much luck with AI planes at Aerosoft Airports in P3Dv4.2
Latest one-Lake Hood at Anchorage Airport
AI Planes are there but just appear and disappear from their moorings -no landings or take offs
Anything more I could try here
xxd09
PS Ai planes work fine elsewhere

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: AI planes
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 04:36:30 PM »
Make sure you set the time of day to GMT and not local time. Inside the readme file it tells you when the AI Aircraft we added are actually active using GMT times.

Brad

xxd09

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 06:43:24 PM »
Thanks for that
No joy -planes are there but appear and disappear off their moorings but no take off
Mysterious!
xxd09

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 06:58:09 PM »
You have a conflict with airport files.  Search your system for other Lake Hood files.

xxd09

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 04:06:31 AM »
Thanks for that info
Could you be a bit more specific for an amateur!
Would I look for -similar files ? Selectively block Lake Hood files?
xxd09

xxd09

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 05:24:40 AM »
Had a look
In World/Scenery- two Traffic_SAK_FSX files
FSX_sea_planes and the RTMM one -FSX_floatplanes
Removed seaplanes and left floatplanes
No joy-planes are there but no movement
Another point-unlike TongassX AI planes-if I go forward in time and plane gone ,going back in time does not restore plane to its original position-it’s disappeared!
xxd09

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 08:58:42 AM »
Had a look
In World/Scenery- two Traffic_SAK_FSX files
FSX_sea_planes and the RTMM one -FSX_floatplanes
Removed seaplanes and left floatplanes
No joy-planes are there but no movement
Another point-unlike TongassX AI planes-if I go forward in time and plane gone ,going back in time does not restore plane to its original position-it’s disappeared!
xxd09

You indicate that you have two Traffic_SAK_FSX_floatplanes.bgl files?  There should no duplicate traffic files.  You previously stated that the aircraft were visible and when departure time came they would disappear.  That indicates a fault with the file PALH_AFX-OP01.bgl which is the airport file for Lake Hood in the Anchorage Professional scenery.  Please attach a copy of the file PALH_AFX-OP01.bg so I can have
a look at it.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:05:06 AM by dexthom »

xxd09

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 12:23:52 PM »
Hi
Yes -there were two Traffic Files in Scenery\World\Scenery Folder
Traffic_SAK_FSX_sea_planes.bgl    This file original
Traffic_SAK_FSX_floatplanes.bgl     This is RTMM file
Are these files duplicates or are they both needed?
Certainly removal of original file makes no difference

The FloatPlanes appear and disappear unrelated to Departure times

BGL files not allowed as Attachments
I did use the current one from the RTMM download

xxd09
PS In the distance-over 9 miles away and heading away from Anchorage I can see a DHC-2 FloatPlane -From Tongass X -I presume!

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 03:24:08 PM »
For the SAK Sea Plane Bases Scenery that's currently up on the RTMM Scenery Page under "S, this is the traffic file included: Traffic_SAK_FSX_sea_planes.bgl.

For the new Lake Hood Float Plane enhancement, which requires a version of the Aerosoft Anchorage Airport Scenery, there are two traffic files and you will only need one of them inside your scenery\world\scenery folder of your simulator.
The file that Dex mentioned earlier is named: PALH_AFX-OP01.bgl
and is only for use with the "Professional" edition of the of Aerosoft PANC specifically made for P3D v4.
The second file inside the newer Lake Hood enhancement is named: Traffic_SAK_FSX_floatplanes.bgl
and this file is for users of FSX and all other versions of P3D only.

In looking at this, I'm now thinking we may have an issue that needs further testing and attention. So this is a question for Dex.

Dex, when you created this new Lake Hood file for the FSX/P3D edition of PANC, I remember you saying that it would overwrite the older SAK Seaplanes Scenery traffic file previously up on RTMM. I believe you said that because this new one was just adding the newer flight plans for Lake Hood that you made for this enhancement and not change the older traffic from the SAK Seaplanes.

However, the SAK Seaplane Scenery uses a different file name. So maybe that's causing some disruption in the traffic movement?

Brad