Author Topic: Perhaps I am being lazy...  (Read 2254 times)

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
Perhaps I am being lazy...
« on: May 03, 2018, 06:12:37 AM »
I have a few hours spare this evening after work which is always a good thing.

Rather than spend time programming a FMC on a tubeliner and letting "charlie" do the work I'm heading over to MM to log some hours in my trusty beaver.

I looking to do a "round robin" or sorts and hoping a experienced forum member might have some route suggestions?

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Perhaps I am being lazy...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 08:10:24 PM »
Check out the Misty Flying Club. I know they're doing tours. Might be just what you're looking for. Maybe Rich will chime in here.

jsapair
Jsapair

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »
Chiming in... lol.. Yup, tubes at 30000' don't quite cut it for me.. I have flown the tubes but now only once in a "blue moon" and only just to be able to remember how to play with the FMC/gps/way points and how to set a AP. but as you know once set, what else except land later!: Charlie fly's, can't see the details of the scenery and there is no hands on..  so set the AP and might as well nodd off for some zzzz or go shopping or go outside-start up the lawn mower and get the grass cut!! lol. 

All to say can't beat bush flying to hold your attention for hands on the stick and to be part of the scenics in this low' n slow expedition and navigating the scenery. The scenery and ruggedness of Alaska/BC and vicinity is one of the most scenic, interesting and one of the most "rugged" areas in the world..

There is piles of FP that you can fly (RTMM Flight Plans) on the "Here to There" and if you want to mix in a VA or a flying club for these flights as well as flying tours and logging your flights through this scenery, we have a brand new one with piles of trips and tours that you can fly to explore the scenery in a bush environment. As John has mentioned "Misty Flying Club" if you want to give it a try and all are welcome.
http://www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com

Norm
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 07:33:39 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 12:04:05 PM »
Well I rolled the dice and made a few flights yesterday evening picking destinations and scenery at random.

One fight took me to "Ocean Falls" I think...images below.

Great flight as until you make the final turn all appears calm and then a whole complex opens up with jetties, cruise ship, accommodation...perfect!