Author Topic: Cabins by the lake confusion??  (Read 2724 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Cabins by the lake confusion??
« on: April 18, 2018, 09:44:56 AM »
OK trying to get caught up (again) with latest scenery for RTMM.  Cabins by the Lake has me fibberdigibbit!
At present I believe there are now 3 Cabins by the Lake in our scenery.  The dialog for the latest CBL says Brad's latest effort is V1.0 I'm confused if it is the same files as the original CBL with added cabins or completely new cabins scenery.  Therefore at present I have the original CBL, CBL V1 and CBL V2 in my scenery library.  Is this correct or does Brad's latest (V1) supersede the original CBL completely??
Later,

Spud

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Cabins by the lake confusion??
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:22:49 PM »
Two different scenery pieces..

Cabins by the Lakes (1) has 89 Scenery Files

Cabins by the Lakes (II) has 59 Scenery Files  (and this contains the next set of cabins, and is not an update to the first set and between both Cabins zips (1) and (2) there are 148 different bgl files).

Norm

PS: Now if you really want to you can put all 148 bgl files in the same scenery folder.. no issue there but you need the bgl scenery files from both zips to see all the cabins that are by those lakes!).
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:45:49 PM »
Bad idea combing things, Spud. With as often as we change things, including names, it is trouble down the line.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Cabins by the Lakes confusion??
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:05:42 PM »
Doug, Norm,
you know that I don't combine anything concerning scenery so that not a worry.  I'm sitll not clear about the subject scenery however.  As of now I'm leaning toward the fact that there should be 2, two, dose, a couple, pair of Cabins by the Lakes in my FSX scenery library.  The Scenery down load page has two separate downloads 1) Cabins by the Lakes (updated 04.06.2018) and
               2) Cabins by the Lakes II (add 04.04. 2018)
I'm assuming this is correct and deleting the 3rd entry in my FSX scenery library.  I only have it because I couldn't determine if the newest CBL and the updated CBL were additional to the original but the answers I see indicate that only 2 CBL sceneries exist not 3.
 ???
 8)

P.S.
I have named the two files Cabins by the Lakes I
                                     Cabins by the Lakes II
To avoid confusion in my mind.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:13:03 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 08:45:07 PM »
Yeah I'm not entirely sure why the date for Cabins By the Lakes I is now dated 4/6/18 when it was released several years ago. The latest is Cabins By the Lakes II dated 4/4/18. And as Norm said, they're two separate releases. Just not sure why the date changed.

Brad

Dieter

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 01:57:04 AM »
The reason might be the update of "anderson lake cabin.bgl" dated 4/6/18 which is part of "Cabin by the Lakes".
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 08:10:02 AM »
Dieter is correct. Anytime we do an update, I change the date so people know there is a new version. I then put an asterisk on it and put the reason for change at the bottom.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 09:53:55 AM »
Ah Okay. Didn't know Anderson Lake had an update.

Thanks

Doug

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 09:54:33 AM »
Yep, smoke problem ... one we missed.