Author Topic: MFC0013 - Helipads Missing?  (Read 1894 times)

RCFlyer

MFC0013 - Helipads Missing?
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:14:25 PM »
I have been flying MFC0013 and really enjoying it.  However, I can't seem to get the following helipads to showup:

PTF5 AI Helicopter Porcupine Glacier

PTF6 AI Helicopter Telegraph Creek

PTF7 AI Helicopter Glacier Transit 1

PTF8 AI Helicopter Glacier Transit 2

PTF9 AI Helicopter Glacier Transit 3

All of the other location associated with MFC0013 are visible.  I have check the scenery library order and ensure the appropriate bgls were located in the Tongas scenery folder.

Any ideas?

Danny

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: MFC0013 - Helipads Missing?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 01:24:44 PM »
I can't check right this minute but I ask if you have downloaded and read all of the information in the download section of MFC.  Anything special and required for the tour will be there....Hope this helps, and I will double check this later today.

Henry
MFC0001

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 01:55:12 PM »
Danny this Helo tour is based on the files contained in TongassX - so it has to be installed to see these but many are just small strips or high ground rocks between glacier flows. 

The bgl files are in the Tongass X Scenery Folder in the Tongass Fjords Higher Priority scenery folder
 IE:  >> AF2_FSX_TF_PTF6_AI_Helicopter_Telegraph_Creek.BGL 
When you go to these some of these PTF locations do you see a strip or buildings? Like at PTF6? 
Some of these actually resemble a small strip rather than a defined helo pad. Like IE: PTF6 Airport ICAO: PTF6 (it has a med receiving center - runway) .

The glacier transits PTF locations are more less just some higher ground or glacier clearings to be able to sit a helicopter down. There is no "H" markings or even buildings.  (The last pic is the rock on which PTF5 sits.. just a rock or some high ground between two glacier flows)

Sounds like you have Tongass installed if you are seeing something.. I'll watch for you on Discord and we can discuss more when we're both on and we can compare notes. PTF spots are very ruffage spots- nothing fancy up here!

Norm

(PS: pics attached of PTF6.. and Med dispatch scenery activated. (M027)
This is PTF6 at Telegraph Creek, BC - with med receiving center - runway.

If the med stuff is not on, you should still see this small airstrip and not a helo pad per say even though they refer to it as an AI helicopter location). (just a spawn point).

That 2nd last pic is that PTF5 location - high ground between two surrounding Glacier flows and the last on is PTF4-Great Glacier... again just a clearing to set down at the base of "Great Glacier".

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:50:00 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

RCFlyer

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 04:45:51 PM »
Ok.  The pictures are indeed what I saw.  I mistakenly thought there was to be some structure, runway, helipad, something, to mark the location.  Particularly, when these locations were give a label (PTF#) and appear in the list of airports within the sim.

Good to know my system is working as it should.

Danny