Author Topic: Dangerous, Beautiful and White Knuckle Landing -  (Read 1996 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Dangerous, Beautiful and White Knuckle Landing -
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:47:53 AM »
Pull this one out of your RTMM_Flight_Plans.zip  ... load it up and give it a try ...

Bear Camp Research (CZBC) from Pitt Meadows (CYPK)-2900-L-L--------------- MFC0032A.pln

I'm betting this is the most difficult flight plan/location we have in the entire 600+ set. I literally flew this thing 5 times ... didn't walk away from the first 5!  Made it on the 6th try.  If you fly it, keep your altitude dead on at 2900 feet. On your approach, you will fly through a "crack" in the mountain to your left. Once through, a 90 degree right turn ... the runway is ahead in 1.5 miles. Very short runway, dirt. You are flying into a box canyon, so if you screw up ... use the parachute!

This is bush flying at its best. If you have any bad weather, don't even get out of bed!

Doug
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:52:56 AM by Doug »

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Dangerous, Beautiful and White Knuckle Landing -
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
I agree. Pucker factor of 10. As soon as you see the landing strip it's "uh-oh...ain't gonna make it".

Helen's Fright rates up there, too, in my book. But at least you can see it coming!

jsapair
Jsapair

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:23:58 PM »
Yep, I still remember flying into that one.   The original scenery deign by Marvin Carter was brought to us after conversion by our own Mike Broemme.   It is a very pretty little piece of scenery that supports the Season Switcher.   A fine experience!

Thanks, again , Mike!

Rod

Rangerick

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 10:21:08 PM »
Good 'Catch' Doug !!!

Getting out is almost as much fun as getting in  8)