Author Topic: Misty Log Barge  (Read 6950 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Misty Log Barge
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:32:52 PM »
Now Dex has struck again, this time with the Misty Log Barge ... you can download it from the enhancements area.  What he is doing is making the long flights over water more fun for you by putting something "interesting" down on the water.

(This make it more fun for the folks doing the boating ... these things may look small from the air, but they'll RUN OVER YOU in the Malibu! ... makes it fun and even more realistic down on the water too).

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Misty Log Barge
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »
"What do you mean 'sail has right of way'? You try steering all these logs..."
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »
Thanks for this nice addition!
Will install it immediatly! 8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
I don't mean to throw a fly in the ointment here but I can not recall logs being pushed by tugs.  All log movement I have seen in real life or pictures have been log tows with the tug towing the logs.  Due to the constant shifting they do pushing would be like trying to push a piece of spaghetti through the water.
 8)
Later,

Spud

archangel1

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 10:47:12 AM »
I agree that most pics you see are of barges under tow but I did find a shot of one being pushed.

Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Dexthom

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »
The logs on Misty's are on two barges!  They are simulated logs on simulated barges.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:46:45 PM by Dexthom »

GrahamP

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »
Looking at that photo, it looks like you could get a few more on the Misty barge, Dex?  Joking  ;)
Graham

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 02:20:02 PM »
I stand corrected!  :-[
I guess the whimps are taking over the log tow business  ;D too. 
Real loggers do it the old fashion way  ::)
Who needs barges! :P
 8)
Later,

Spud

archangel1

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 03:00:56 PM »
Looks like a lot of logs are also transported on powered self-dumping carriers such as this one, rather than barges.

Doug

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 03:05:39 PM »
Well, regardless if they push 'em or pull 'em or just dump them over the side ... doesn't make as much difference as the difference Dex makes by putting them up for us. 

I just wanted to say the he's really coming through for RTMM for us with these AI packages.  There is a LOT of water that is boring to fly over going from here to there.  Dex makes these areas come alive with interesting things, bush planes flying around, garbage skows, log barges, a whole carrier fleet out by Forrester Island ... some very special contributions.  So let's be quicker to compliment than criticize so he'll keep making this magic happen for RTTM.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 03:49:52 PM »
Doug,
was not meant as being critical, I failed to notice that the logs were on barges.  Cain't read rite neither!!!  Notice my post said log tows nothing about barges.
There is a static log barge in the channel close to Nina's Landing but have not seen the moving one as yet or the skow for that matter either.  What is a good place to look?
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 03:57:59 PM »
Looking at that photo, it looks like you could get a few more on the Misty barge, Dex?  Joking  ;)

Agreed, what Doug said!!

I did say I was joking ;)  Hope it wasn't taken any other way. 
Graham

archangel1

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »
No complaints on my end, either.  These addons are, in a way, a modern equivalent of the built-in 'Easter Eggs' that you could hunt for in earlier versions of MSFS.  Those go back at least as far as 5.1.  There may have been some in FSII but I doubt it.  I don't remember any and it probably required all the processing power just to get your 'aircraft' off the ground.  I just found my Commodore 64 package for that variant.  Scary! Although, mine did come with some nice charts and other paper accessories.

Kudos to all of the developers who work on keeping us flying.  I can build a decent model of a bush plane but I have zero talent when it comes to something like designing scenery or aircraft, even something as simple as a packing crate.  More power to them.

Doug

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »
Ah not to worry folks!   Guess what!  Dex has struck again, check out the Misty AI Trawler. The great thing about my job is I get to get em running THEN post 'em.  Making the "boring" water areas come alive is something I didn't think was possible ... but its happening ... one ai at a time.

D

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 01:31:44 AM »
Yes, many thanks to Dex for the AI addons.  They really make the place come alive.  I was just at Thorne Bay for the first time today.  WOW  What fun and guess what I saw.....some log barges.  How cool is that?!?!

Cheers
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit