Author Topic: Cigar Box V4  (Read 8057 times)

PeterW

Re: Cigar Box V4
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2018, 03:54:34 PM »
I have not been able to get the tick box to show up I have deleted the program, deleted the directory and re-down loaded twice and installed.  I am waiting for approval so I can download the referenced file and see if that brings up the charter box.

I just noticed that although I have the Big Check Mark under my sign-in section, my data does not display like is has in your screen shot.  What am I doing wrong.  I am using my Pilot Number MFC0033 and my password.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:57:20 PM by PeterW »
Peter

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »
Peter,
I just double checked and the settings seem fine and I don't think you are doing anything wrong.  I am not sure what approval you are waiting for, you already have been approved and have a pilot # and you already have your password.  So lets take this one step at a time......

I have to assume you can log on.  Now you will need to decide if you want to fly charters or tours.  If you are wanting to fly charters, you will open the settings in the first box to the left at the top and check flight # (the default is unchecked).  Don't forget to save your settings. 

If you are flying tours, then you don't (or shouldn't) need to change anything.

Flying tours you will go to the tour center and sign up for the first tour.  Once signed up you will see your booked tour and on the right side is "details".  Click on details and you will go to a new page with just the tour leg you selected and near the bottom you will see "fly leg" click on the red fly leg and you should see a big green check mark.  Now, go to the cigar box and make sure you are connected to the web site and click on the top box to get get data....the form will populate. Load up the sim, make sure the second box on the left has a check mark and then press start. 

If you are still having trouble, please be very specific on what you did and the result you got....good luck

Henry
MFC0001
Misty Moorings Team

PeterW

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2018, 09:29:38 PM »
Hi Henry,

I was reading in  the earlier post to get a file as an aid in solving the problem.  It was the Bush Pilots Association.  I re-downloaded the Cigar Box file and cleaned everything up.  I then installed it and entered my Pilot Number and then my password.  I saw a large check mark just as I was told there would be.  I noticed on Nomr's post the the pilot details show but not on mine.  I also do not have  the charter check box.  I can make do with what you have told me to do to get flying but when you have time maybe we can try and figure out why I don't have  the check mark nor pilot's information display.

Thank you for your reply,
Peter
Peter

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 12:51:04 PM »
Just for grins Peter...you are on www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com 

If you are still having issues, please reply with a step by step of what you are doing and the results from each thing you do.

Henry
MFC0001
Misty Moorings Team

PeterW

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 06:31:42 PM »
I was on MFC site.  The problem is fixed as I had a nice chat with Norm today and the charter box is visible.  It is off to the skies now.  Thank you for replying and getting me up and running.

Peter
Peter

MFC0040

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 10:21:39 AM »
Hi,
is there any way in the cigar box or website to see the flight numbers by selecting departure or anything similar?

ty
Miha

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 11:43:20 AM »
For sure....  but they are not in Cigar Box but from the MFC site.

For all single flights they are listed under your Pilot Center Tab on the MFC home page.

So go to Pilot Center  >> Then scroll down to Flight Operations >> View Flight Schedules

That will bring up the search schedules page... here you can search by   

By Departure Airport
    By Arrival Airport
    By Airline
    By Aircraft Type
    By Distance

Or just click "Find Flights" and all of the single flights schedules will be displayed in numerical order from 0001 through 0683.. then following those 683 flights are single versions of the flight schedules that make up the routes of the tours- they are not the actual tour legs themselves just the single flights with the same routes.    (For the actual tour schedules or legs, just refer to the specific tour itself and under details will give you all the ICAO of the tour legs)

Now like the tour legs, you can also just bid on the single schedules and they will be drawn into Cigar box just the same as the tour bids are loaded - and no issues at all. (And they will load up in the order you add the flight bids.

Works great. Hope this helps all find all of the flights that are available to be flown.

Norm
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:48:39 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MFC0040

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 02:40:30 PM »
Great, im just going to bid on a charter to see it in action, much appreciated Norm...

Miha