Author Topic: Cigar Box V4  (Read 8069 times)

BBQSteve

Re: Cigar Box V4
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 02:32:01 PM »
Nope, not there either.

John

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 03:33:30 PM »
Not there for me either :(

John

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
Ok, I am in the process of uploading the wwbpa version of Cigar Box.....same program different graphics.  I let you know when it is live. That is the test bed and we might learn something.

In the meantime, I got to thinking that you might not be communicating with the web site.  Please confirm that you have a big check mark in the box that is Main Controls (left side of the screen) and also if you have the sim up, confirm that the FS Controls has a check as well.  If both are there, please confirm all the information is correct in Settings (main->settings)....Pilot ID; password and VA URL as:  http://www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com .....Although the charter option is NOT dependent on (search by Flight Number) search, if you are flying charters, you will need to check the box to fly by the flight number.  Be sure to save the settings when you are finished.

To be honest, I don't think any of the above will change anything, I am just checking all the possibilities.  Things like the correct FSUIPC version for you sim is very important; sim connect is very much a part of the program. 

Give me a shout on the results of the above and by then I will have something else for you to try.

Henry
MFC0001

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 05:14:58 PM »
This is very strange...three are having trouble, Norm Doug and I are fine.....scratching head.  OK....here is a little experiment.

The test site is www.wwbpa.net   You will have to join....I will be watching.  The two sites are identical except for graphics and name.  Once you are approved, download the kaCARSII file.....It's called BPA-IPS.  Load it up ...it will be seen as a new file and plays fine with Cigar Box.  You will put in your (new)pilot ID and password, make sure the URL is correct....it's hard coded in. and open the program.  You should (will) see the charter box.

Now just in case you don't want to go to all that trouble, you might re load the old version.  And in case you don't have it, I will post it in the MFC download file so you have it. Please report if the charter box appears.

Looking at the pireps, it looks like some of you are flying ok with v4 even though you are not seeing the charter box. 

Henry
MFC0001

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 05:33:36 PM »
OK v4 is up on wwbpa.net.  Give it try.  Also, version 2 is on MFC downloads if you want to try it.

I am waiting on Jeff to get back to me....but probably won't until sometime Monday. 

Henry
MFC0001

I tried one more thing, although I have no idea why it is in the program, but I have assigned ALL MFC pilots to the charter operations.  Please see if that made any difference.   

H
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:01:47 PM by MFC0001 »

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 06:09:10 PM »
Well I think I found it!!!!

SOOOOOOO before jumping through anymore hoops, just reload your program (cigar box) and you should see the charter box.

If this now works, the problem was my fault....there is a switch in the program that allows us to limit charter operations to a list of approved charter pilots.  It was on, which meant if you wern't on the list, you don't get to fly them.  This has to be it......but I can't explain why it worked in v2 and not v4 unless that was something in the upgrade.....now if this doesn't work.....well, you can try the previous tests and report back. 

Waiting......

Henry
MFC0001

jhsanders

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 06:18:40 PM »
Hello friends. New here. I tried to do the same with the program. When I input my callsign as MFC030, I got no Flight Option box in the corner. But when I input my callsign as MFC0030 (note the proper number of '0') then the flight options box in the lower left hand side appeared.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:24:58 PM by jhsanders »

Rangerick

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 06:52:41 PM »
Well done Henry !!

That worked. It's back !!

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
Yipeeeee.

That now should work for everyone.....now time for a Margarita At Misty's.

Thanks for helping me on this one, I am just sorry I missed it the first, and second and third time through the program!

Enjoy your next charter flight.

Henry
MFC0001

John

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 01:50:08 AM »
Mine is there also 8)

John

BBQSteve

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 10:45:17 AM »
I now have it as well.

You're buying, right Henry?

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 12:56:29 PM »
Step right up to the bar!

Glad it is working.

Henry
MFC0001

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »
So how does the charter button work now that I’m seeing it?

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »
Tick that Charter box.. and you can customize or create a custom fight anywhere you want. The route doesn't have to be defined as a route in the MFC schedules.. you define your own. Give it a try to create a custom flight.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »
Just to to the tour Peter.. sign up at bottom.. then leg one will open for your.. click the details and add the bid...

Then go to kacars.. sign in, 9in settings, make sure the search flight # is unchecked.. then on the kacars main, just click the "get flight inf'" and the bid for the tour flight will load up.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^