Author Topic: Progress  (Read 2956 times)

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
Progress
« on: March 30, 2018, 12:49:41 PM »
The flying club is less than a month old and today we exceeded 200 hours by club members.  We have made more than 400 flights and have 29 members and counting!  Great Job to all.

This is a good time to also say that we think we have all of the known operational problems solved.  Cigar Box is working well, the tours are all working as expected and we now have more 550 schedules in the system. 

And what a good time to say "Thank You" to everyone who has joined and suffered through the growing pains. I don't thinks we are completely error free, but well on the way.....more documentation is needed, and on the way, and additional links to RTMM are in the works.

So, If you are reading this and haven't  given all of this a try...head over to www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com and give it a try!

Henry
MFC0001

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Progress
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 02:10:30 PM »
Great work so far by the team behind the scenes and all the MFC pilots. This is a game changer for RTMM as far as I'm concerned.

Well done.

Brad

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 03:24:12 PM »
Indeed Henry, As of this week it appears that all the known growing pains or issues have been taken care of and/or are cured for the most part while allowed me to get cracking on the flight content: flight plans, tours, awards etc.

Update: As of today: have loaded up almost 1000 RTMM locations: from airports to lessor strips, to lost cabins  (and known ones), to light houses and light stations to shelters to BBQ etc etc etc which have been all defined as identifiable locations in the MFC airport/location database. Have built over 500 single flight legs which includes 344 log able flight legs which perfectly match and are synced to the first 344 RTMM FP in the RTMM FP folder but get your updated copy with the MFC flight association convention and updated way-points.

Ten tours as of this am - which make up an additional 108 flight legs. Now that all is working will start hammering out a new trip or excursion as time permits but already there is much RTMM content and many  many trips to keep all busy flying in the RTMM Air. (including Doug the top flyer at MFC who just achieved his 100th flight at MFC!! Great job Doug and thanks for your help too!). 

So now that all is in order, time for some air time!!
Norm
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:18:08 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 05:07:28 PM »
Sitting here polishing my 100 flights badge :-) (Thanks Norm). But I'm flying these to see if I can really get the "hang" of this new medium. We can fly the RTMM flight plans and we can fly Norm's tours ... you can intersperse them. Then when you want to branch out and fly somewhere you want, you do a "charter" and make your own flight number, put in start and destination and the other things it asks and you are off and flying.

Norm's "tours" are connecting things for me. I've been to all of them more than a couple of times having to fix things like smoke offsets, etc. But I always flew from the nearest airport. With Norm's plans, you are crossing a much larger area and you start getting a feel for the vastness of this area we fly in. Hard to believe, but I've learned a LOT about the RTMM area I thought I already knew ...I'm seeing things I had not ever seen before.

The "system" is working. Once in a while, out on the frontier, Norm and I are "hacking" our way through some little problems, but I find the problem, he's corrects it, I re-fly it and it works. So people shouldn't be having any problems with this.

One thing that "threw" me a little, a "non-beaver-required aircraft". So I found myself sitting in a C-47. Never been in one, never have seen one. A whole new dashboard and, after the beaver, like flying a whale. I came at this part of the experience with REAL trepidation. But if you can land that thing at Navman's Retreat you can land it anywhere! The confidence builds as you "learn" the characteristics of the aircraft. When you are through with the tour, you have brand new skills. I have to say it is now one of my favorites. So this new medium sort of pushes you into unfamiliar areas ... and you learn.

For me, XPOI (the marked locations) really makes things come together geographically. I wish there was a way to put OUR waypoints into XPOI, too bad it can't take a separate but parallel database. If they figure that out, then all of our things could easily be marked too.

Henry and Norm are doing a yeoman's job on this new project. Hours and hours .. and RTMM fans are really going to love this new medium. It is simple, not a lot of rules, easy to do ...

...and rewarding as I polish my new badge! :-)

Doug
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:25:30 PM by Doug »

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
Way to go Doug....I am sending you a case of badge polish!

Henry
MFC0001

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 01:23:21 PM »
Hi Norm and Henry,

Great job in making the Misty Flying Club and touring a reality!   Thanks!  Some day I will have time to try it out once I finish working on The Western Chugach - Part 2.

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 02:39:41 PM »
The Western Chugach - Part 2... Well Rod, will make sure to build a The Western Chugach - Part 2 Tour.. for sure.. I'm looking forward to these pieces.. but The Western Chugach Part uno will come too..

Thanks Rod..

Norm

PS: And Happy Easter to All.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 10:15:29 PM »
Checking out the MFC in advance of getting caught up on RTMM after a year. Having been a pilot at AKA with Norm and Henry, the flight format (PIREP) looks like something I'm already familiar with. Shouldn't be a problem. See you guys in the air shortly.

Onward and upward!

A Western Chugach tour will be awesome, especially with Rod's masterful touch. Definitely something to look forward to.

jsapair (JJ, John) Just don't call me late for supper.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:20:41 PM by jsapair »
Jsapair

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 05:22:24 PM »
Welcome aboard, you will be glad you made the move.  Things just keep getting better and better and you will find that everyone at RTMM is ready to make you comfortable at Misty's Place.....Enjoy

Henry
MFC0001