Author Topic: Frustrated  (Read 3297 times)

John

Frustrated
« on: March 29, 2018, 07:05:19 PM »
Hi all, been trying for 2 days to load MFC0002 FP LLWS-HYL without success.  Very frustrated :'(.  Any help will be much appreciated ::)

John
MFC0016

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »
Hi John,
     What exactly is happening, or not happening? ???  Can you describe what's going on when you try to load that flight plan?  Thanks.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »
LLWS is a non airport location so you would have to save your position at LLWS when you landed there on the previous leg from KWF Waterfall.

Single Flight leg MFCT00010-6A0   is VFR from Waterfall (KWF) to Lower Lodge Watercraft Start (LLWS) (SAVE SIM POSITION).pln 

Now you can get there by starting at PANT or MTM and flying 22.8 miles at 255 degrees. (almost due west).
Or you can try to GPS it.. (also look for Hang 'Em High Strip as LLWS is right there)

LLWS   Lower Lodge Watercraft Start   - N55° 10' 28.66"   - W132° 14' 36.19"               
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

John

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 11:22:28 PM »
Jeff, when I try to load that FP with flight planner nothing happens, it just won't load :(

Norm, I've tried the coordinates (puts me right at LLWS) but can't load info from the site into Cigar Box >:(.  May have to fly it without CB :(

John
MFC0016

nbrich1

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 11:37:59 PM »
If you can get yourself to LLWS - then cigar box will load the flight from the bid - LLWS to HYL is leg 8. Make sure you have a bid for it. Then go to ka cars and "slect Get Flight Bid" (It works.

If, for some reason the bid won't load for you, just get that you have the bid.

Here is a test - KAcars then the Main tab > Settings  - then check Search by Flight Number.. 
Then go to the pirep tab and type in flight #   "  MFCT00011-6A0 "  (without the quotes) in the flight number box and then select " Get Flight Data " (it should load that single flight LLWS to HYL with no problem) - I just tried it and it works np.

John

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 02:35:59 AM »
Thanks Norm, typing it in worked 8)

John
MFC0016

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
Just to add my two cents, be sure you loaded all the required scenery as noted in the download, otherwise when you get there, all the cool stuff to see will be just in your imagination! 

Henry
MFC0001

John

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 02:28:00 PM »
10-4 8)

John

John

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 02:35:09 PM »
Hi Norm, I finished Leg 8 MFC0002 but can't get details for Leg 9 :(

John
MFC0016

nbrich1

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 03:12:46 PM »
You should be able to now John.. Try it now.

Norm

John

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 02:41:25 AM »
The only details available to me are Leg 8 ::)

John

nbrich1

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 07:34:00 AM »
Hmmm weird John. Ok did some more tracking, appears that "tour" leg 8 pirep never was submitted so the system won't give you tour leg 9. Now you did fly the single flight MFCT00011-6A0 LLWS to HYL but that won't trigger leg 9 inside tour 2.

So what you have to do is trigger tour 2 leg 8 details again, generate a bid then because you have already flown the single flight leg (MFCT00011-6A0 LLWS to HYL), just pop in a manual pirep for that tour 2 leg 8, and then that will trigger leg 9 to become available for you.

This tour module contains it's own embedded legs and they are generated via the bid method steps only.  KAcars directly loads these generated bids in (with the setting search by flight number UNCHECKED), by the single click of the "Get Fllght Data")  (after the tour bid has been generated.).

Now to perhaps to clarify for all: A single flight leg is not a tour flight leg. (I have built single flight legs (that are the same as embedded tour fights only so that these routes or flights legs can be flown outside a tour as  single flights BUT they don't replace and do no substitute in the system as a replacement for the embedded tour legs and they can't  generate the next leg of a tour - because the are not associated to a tour at all. If this makes any sense.

So all to say we have single flights - and they can be flown at any time but have no relevance to a tour.

The tours. Their embedded flight legs are only contained or generated from inside a tour and are only flown once and contribute to that said tour as being a part of that tour and the following leg will not become available until the previous leg has been completed.

Clear as mud?

Norm
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 07:50:03 AM by nbrich1 »

John

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 02:58:01 PM »
Clear enough I think, thanks Norm 8)

John

nbrich1

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 08:00:40 PM »
Aye John I see you manual log in for leg 8. Hope that leg 9 has now generated for you. If not just holler.

Norm