Author Topic: Missing Tour(s)  (Read 3227 times)

Rangerick

Missing Tour(s)
« on: March 25, 2018, 07:45:46 PM »
Just got my C-47 all fueled up and went to "Tours" to sign up for "MFC0006 Short Fields-Glacier Region" but it's not listed anymore. MFC0008 is also gone. ????

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Missing Tour(s)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 08:33:40 PM »
Yep....here today, gone today......Isn't a public beta test fun?  LOL.  We have a nasty little problem that now and then a tour leg won't load.  We have lots of possibilities of what might be the problem but we aren't sure.  It is running fine on the test site, just not MFC!  So, you will or may see them go......and come back again....Right now MFC0007 is up and running, so get the passengers ready now that the c-47 is ready to go and let us know how it went...or is going....or whatever!

Enjoy the flight
Henry
MFC0001

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 08:49:17 PM »
PS: So yes Rick there is a couple of things gong on.. but in the mean time, Tour 6 can be flown as I have also set up the tour legs as single flights: similar legs in which you flew the Barnstormers. 

The single flights which make up this tour MFC0006 are: Flight # MFCT0053-6A0 through MCT000070-6A0.
There are 18 Flights. The Tour MFC0006 download for this tour is in your Pilot Center downloads so you can just grab it and it has all the flight leg details and in the DL are the FP for this neat trip. KaCars will load all of these FP no problem.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Rangerick

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 08:57:35 PM »
Thanks for that info. !

Have to put the c-47 back in the Hangar though.

Off to "Norway" to fly the MEBAR Rally next week.

nbrich1

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 09:12:59 PM »
Have fun flying with those Norsemen Rick! 

Rangerick

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 03:38:57 PM »
Taking a 'Break' from this years MEBAR Rally at Mutley's hangar and I thought I'd check out the Tours to see if "MFC0006 Short Fields-Glacier Region" is available now for sign-up.

Good news... it's back on the Tour list.

Bad News... is the "prerequisites" are back too.

Apparently I can't sign up now because it says I haven't completed "Barnstormers"... which I have completed.

OK... so I can go and fly the individual Tour Legs, but I won't get credit for the Tour, just like with Barnstormers ?? 

In my humble opinion, Tours should be available to fly in any order without any prerequisite requirements.

After many years with MM + RTMM it's just nice to find NEW scenery areas to explore without having to go back and do 'Been-Ther-Done-That' again to 'qualify'.

Ce La Vie 

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 05:00:13 PM »
Norm, I'm sort of flying them out of order and not getting a "prerequisite" .. maybe I was lucky with the order or with the changes we've made.  I understand why you are putting them in order because (and I hadn't realized this), it is one giant connected tour, and if you fly them at random, you lose that continuity. If it can be done out of order, that would be good, and we should tell people it is a long-continuous tour so if they skip around they'd lose that context.

Just thinking out loud.

Doug

nbrich1

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 05:43:57 PM »
Now that all is working correctly, right on Doug: pilots should fly the tours in order.. A new pilot starts with the Intro triangle tour, then to the next, each expanding slightly from the previous.. and where one tour ends then next excursion starts.. and really if we put all of the tours together we have one big continuous Alaska-BC-Yukon Tour with RTMM locations seamless intermingled among all the other interesting locations and with real world airport or mooring locations and/or other locations.

Will try to keep building trips/tours that way when it's possible to do so but all should try to fly in order and that also saves a bunch of pilots signed up on many tours and not flying any or flying all over the place: not that it has to be that way but by not flying the pattern does tend to lose the focus. The areas have different landscapes and their own scenics and it is nice to be able to fly in or through the scenic variations and easier to keep track as you go if you fly in order or fly the pattern: (which would apply to the single FP as well as the tours) - fly the FP in order so nothing is missed. Anyways, here it's the pilot's choice how they want to fly the content or material.

Norm
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 07:25:04 AM by nbrich1 »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 06:32:25 AM »
I kind of agree with the you can fly whenever and wherever philosophy instead of a regimented order. That shouldn't be required but given as a choice IMHO. I like the flexibility and think we should have a selection where we can fly where we want to any given time we have the seat availability.

If pilots would like to do the tours in order, then they can choose them in order and work on that grand scheme option but for me, I'd prefer there not be limitations as that tends to be what makes me lose focus.

Just my two cents
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:39:10 AM by Bradallen43 »

Rangerick

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 09:50:47 AM »
I totally understand the logic !
"A new pilot starts with the Intro triangle tour, then to the next, each expanding slightly from the previous.. and where one tour ends then next excursion starts.. and really if we put all of the tours together we have one big continuous Alaska-BC-Yukon Tour with RTMM"

IMHO... Great for "A new pilot(s)" !  But some "Old" airdogs like me, have been around since the original M.M. was started and are already very familiar with the entire region. So,  I tend to agree with Brad's comment about "Limitations" and "Losing Focus". 

If I was "New" to RTMM; I would definitely want to fly the Tours in order !  But I'm not and I don't.

Having said that, I love RTMM and will continue to hang out here and chip in some 'Donation' cash because uou folks are the BEST and do GREAT work.  Keep it up !

There is certainly the option to fly the Tour Legs as individual flights and I will do that.  Unfortunately, as was/is the case with "Barnstormers" in so doing , one does not get the flight badge crediting that Tour.   :-[

However, as the famous saying from the Movie "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid": "Badges???... We don't need no stinkin' Badges  LOL

Have a Great Easter weekend + keep up the GREAT work !

P.S.  Have 2 more Legs to fly in the MEBAR Rally over at Mutleys Hangar, then I'm coming back to drag the C-47 out of the hangar and fly the Short Fields-Glacier Region flights.

Over and Out

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 12:51:16 PM »
Hey there RR,
We have you covered....so to speak.  Each leg of every tour is available to fly as you choose....and for the most part, you can fly whatever choose.  As Norm and Doug said, this is kind of one big tour.  In the past we have had pilots start one tour and fly a couple of legs, then see something more interesting and drop tour A and move to Tour B.  Now the "Badges" give you a tangible completion and a little encouragement to finish.

Typically flying clubs have a week end excursion.....tour if you will, and everyone flies together or at least around the same time and for the most part, everyone finishes.  Looking at the tours so far, maybe we need "tours" of 4 or 5 legs and flying time no more than a hour.  Feed back is important.....this is "OUR" flying club.

Enjoy
Henry
MFC0001