Author Topic: Way to go Doug  (Read 1972 times)

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
Way to go Doug
« on: March 23, 2018, 06:56:51 PM »
We have our first milestone pilot at Misty Flying Club!  Doug is the first to receive the 30 hour award and I expect to see him heading for the next one.  Several other brave public beta testers are almost there and in less than a month we are racking up some impressive numbers!

Join in anytime you like, we are here to help you get started and we promise to fix the stuff that is giving you problems.  See ya at Misty's Place

Henry
MFC0001

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Way to go Doug
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 09:04:46 PM »
Doug is buying cause he just got a pay raise. Nice job hitting the first promotion at the 30 hours mark and the first at MFC to do so. Nice job.

The new 30 hours graphic award has been pinned on your pilot's profile. Congratulations Doug and thanks for flying MFC.

Norm
MFC0002
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:06:52 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 09:19:33 PM »
Good job, Doug!!!!

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
Nice Job! I hope to catch up on those MFC hours flown soon. This is a great addition to RTMM!!

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 11:12:27 AM »
Thanks all ... I'm finding this to be great fun.  Between Brad's damnable short runways and Norm's dangerous routes ... well between those two well-designed HURDLES, is a heck of a lot of fun.  I think this is going to be the "icing on the cake" for RTMM.  It perfectly fits our Here2There philosophy that "getting there" is where we spend 99% of our time. And it does it without a bunch of rules.

I know RTMM like the back of my hand, have flown all of the RTMM_Flight_Plans 3 or 4 times, all 700+ of them. But with Norm's routes, I'm seeing parts of RTMM that are totally new to me.  Norm doesn't keep you "stuck" to 1200 feet and low routing to your location. Some of these flight levels are 4500 and 5500 feet ... so he is going "over" things that you will never see at the lower altitudes. And with his longer routes, he is "connecting" all the far-reaching parts of RTMM.

Another thing that is "different" with this. All of the flight plans I've made are "autoroute". You can set your altitude, turn on the autopilot and the flight plan will take you SAFELY to the destination, hands off. Norm's flight plans, I think, are more realistic. If you set the altitude and the autopilot gps and try to fly that way, you'll find yourself sitting on the side of a mountain somewhere. You have to USE YOUR HEAD and your SKILLS flying these. The GPS is telling you generally where to go and the altitude is "suggested" (except for that 7500 foot mountain staring back at you in the windshield!). So you are going to be a lot more "hands on" flying and "flight plan innovation" with the tours.

We are still having some little problems here and there. Some will be fixed when we get the updated software from the developer. And man other things we are just "learning" as we go. But even in this "public beta" stage, this is a LOT of fun. Don't miss it.  (And if you have problems getting going, get onto the forum here, Norm and Henry will be right at your side and get your through the problem.)

Doug