Author Topic: I need help with this  (Read 1957 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
I need help with this
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:30:23 AM »
Unable to get the Kcars program to work for me and MFC. HELP!!

So, I click on the Cigar box icon. It shows a small window with my MFC Pilot ID and Password. I saved those into the program on first install. But now when I start Cigar Box (V1.1.2.0) , I get "Login Connection error" The request was aborted. The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Okay, what are the work flow steps to actually participate in MFC? Maybe I'm doing something that needs to happen after I'm sitting in the aircraft? If there are clear directions that actually show a step by step plan on what to do, please let me know because I'm confused obviously. And concerning how to make these multiple processes clear needs to be a big help for people like me that aren't so proficient with multiplayer TBH. Probably a reason why I've never really taken a great fancy to this element of the sim before unless it's explained where I actually can grasp the process.   

So, Should I start P3D first? Then what? Kcars? Discord? FSCloud? Somethings not right and I know it's early in the process but if I'm going to participate, I need to know what to do? I want to take part but
I'm losing patience.

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: I need help with this
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 03:54:38 PM »
OK Brad, let's see what's the problem....the URL: http://www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com   It's easy to not include the http:// part or have a misspelling in our rather long domain name.  Then your pilot number...what you use to log in and the password.  Now and then these get screwed up, so I would suggest you delete and replace (on the login screen) both your Pilot number and password.  It should pop right up.

Henry
MFC0001

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 04:24:51 PM »
Oh, one more thing....you did install the free version (or paid version) of FSUIPC that is correct for the sim you are using?  I would also make sure that you didn't install it twice.  Hope that helps.
Henry
MFC0001

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 06:03:52 PM »
Thanks Henry, Norm and I were able to get my issues sorted out with Cigar Box. Turns out Avast was the culprit. Once I turned that off, the Cigar Box was functional. Just completed a couple of flights and good to go now. Norm was a big help.

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 06:50:30 PM »
Yup, any antivirus has the potential for screwing up things like this.  Firewalls too.  Glad you are all sorted out....and Welcome to the flying club!!!!

Henry
MFC0001